Triton 4.6L blown spark plug

My step dad recently discovered that his 4.6L work truck has a blown out spark plug, which, IIRC, is a known issue with these motors. What's the best way to fix it? I know there are repair tools/kits out there. Suggestions?

P.S.- Anyone have a tool/kit I can borrow or rent? Helicoils would obviously be purchased.

Thanks

He took it to the dealer. Claims they could fix it for about the cost of a repair kit. Thanks though.

Repair kit from NAPA is $55 without any discount. The dealer will fix it for less than that? The good part about buying the kit is if it happens again you have everything you need to fix it aside from another insert which is fairly cheap to buy.

Repair kit from NAPA is $55 without any discount. The dealer will fix it for less than that? The good part about buying the kit is if it happens again you have everything you need to fix it aside from another insert which is fairly cheap to buy.

Not sure. I just got a text from him saying that they could fix it for less than the cost of the kit. He also claimed the kits was $200, which I also found a little hard to believe considering I'm sure it's just some specialized tap and some helicoils.

its a steel self tapping insert a 3valve style spark plug and a new coil boot it shouldn't take much longer to install than it takes to change a plug

I have used that kit and it does work well. I'm not overly a fan of it due to the fact that it takes a different spark plug than the rest of the engine. I like the one I get from NAPA that is an insert that uses the original spark plug.