slow internet, please help.

pontiacfreak142

Ok, so i was having issues figureing out why i couldnt get my NAT settings right to work with my xbox. I finally got that figured out, but about the same time, i had broken the end off of our coaxle cable and just had the copper wire stuck in the hole on the back of the surfboard. Also about that time, i would notice that the internet would get extremely slow from time to time.

I went in and ran a speed test on time warners site, to discover it was only downloading at .98 mbps. I went back and made sure there was nobody else using the internet and ran it again. Same numbers.

So is there any way i am able to change a setting or reset anything to fix this, or am i just going to have to call time warner and have them possibly put in a new surfboard?

For reference, i just have the basic cable internet. A buddy of mine is runninh the exact same setup, excep he has a newer surfboard, and he is running 19 mbps.

Try a new coaxial wire that isn't broken.

what he said. :)

I'm surprised you have any type of connection at all. If not, then reboot both cable modem and router if you have one and see if that helps.

-D

yea it is pretty old. its a motorola SBG900. how can i find the signal levels?

If that's the IP. Just use ur broswer and type that in there. If it's the correct IP, you should be able to see the web console and run test from there. That's if that modem even has one.

I would just call them up and have them come out. Replace the unit or they can run the test for you.

-D