CR T-Shirts

wagner

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony/Tina/everyone,

Is there any interest in designing a final, approved CR logo?

I'm no artist but I have some design experience. Given a specific set of guidelines and maybe a little bit of voting and brainstorming I think we can come up with something decent.

I'm in it for free between work projects. I have alot of free time lately anyway... :fa:

You could easily wear out memes too.

I was also thinking something like

[CR Logo on Red Shirt]

I'm Ketchup, Motherfucker. (on back)

[CR Logo with BRZ]

Ermagherd BRZ (on back)

:gabe:

..endless possibilities. It all starts with a proper logo though. Really it's part of your brand. Like it or not, CR is your brand now...

:dumb:

Anthony/Tina/everyone,

I'm no artist but I have some design experience. Given a specific set of guidelines and maybe a little bit of voting and brainstorming I think we can come up with something decent.

I'm in it for free between work projects. I have alot of free time lately anyway... :fa:

I would really like to come up with something either based off of our current logo in the top left corner. Or redesign the Columbusracing.com banner and make a "set" of logo's that can be used for products. Our current logo can't be stretched out or in some cases shrunk to fit correctly. Up to this point everything has been pretty random as far as fonts and graphics for our decals. We really need a one design and tie everything else into it.

I would really like to come up with something either based off of our current logo in the top left corner. Or redesign the Columbusracing.com banner and make a "set" of logo's that can be used for products. Our current logo can't be stretched out or in some cases shrunk to fit correctly. Up to this point everything has been pretty random as far as fonts and graphics for our decals. We really need a one design and tie everything else into it.

Exactly my point. I think you're well past the time to make a decided upon logo, then expand from there. You have a brand, more or less.

You can always spawn from that one logo, but you have to start somewhere. I recently made a fake logo that I think is the same font as the favicon (the logo next to the address bar in your browser). If you want to stay with that, I can make that in like 5 minutes in huge resolutions. Honestly though, in large scale I think it's pretty lame. Simpler logos work better in print though.

I'm thinking we can poll it up and I'll toss in some ideas as I see them. I'm sure no one here will be shy about critiquing my retarded artistry, but that's how we end up with something everyone is okay with.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/WHITECR.jpg

That's the one.

I like that alot.

For consideration, something that's not an actual font stands out, but can be harder to scale to different proportions. Thats "square" enough I think I could make it work for multiple platforms though. It depends on what they want to grow it into. That's the only reason I like staying with a "real" font. Otherwise it makes it hard to copy, which is nice.

The JEGS logo is "impact Italic" font. Scales easily.

If any admin types want to set up a time to roll by my house here in the North Pole to go over stuff, I'm willing if it comes to that. A vote thread might be a good start though. Getting a good idea of what has a global appeal is good.

I think it's important to retain the trollface too though. I think that's public domain at this point

I'd hate that almost as much as people punctuating every sentence with a series of exclamation points or an ellipses.

I'd hate that almost as much as people punctuating every sentence with a series of exclamation points or an ellipses.

I don't do ellipses very often... SMB. If not actually directed at me, I guess I can see that. Bad grammar is bad,

I do like to toss in a meme now and then. especially when dealing with an internet culture crowd that will likely "get it".

I don't do ellipses very often... SMB. If not actually directed at me, I guess I can see that. Bad grammar is bad,

I do like to toss in a meme now and then. especially when dealing with an internet culture crowd that will likely "get it".

Directed at society in general. Backwards smiley faces can suck my fat balls too.

Anthony/Tina/everyone,

Let me know and we can try to work out a time to meet.