Hyundai worth 60k?

Buck531

I was on 270 yesterday going to Westerville and was behind one of these.

http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/equus/2012/?mktcat=hyundai-equus-make-misspelling-proper-177698&kw=hyundai+equus&mktid=ga60767536&msite=w

The Equus carries over into 2012 largely unchanged. There's still a wholesale list of standard features and interior refinement on par with the best from Lexus and Mercedes-Benz. But there are two welcome changes for this year's Equus: a new 5.0-liter V8 engine and an eight-speed transmission. The former makes more power than nearly every other V8 from the German and Japanese rivals, and the new transmission helps the 429-horsepower V8 achieve 18 mpg in combined driving.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Gear did a review with it, a Bentley and some other luxury car thats designed around the rear seating area. And I want to say it wasn't bad, but I cannot remember the details.

nope, i would never pay that for hyundai. for that kind of money i would just go buy me 2 G8's, a GT for my family car and GXP for my play car, and would probably still have some left over to start modding the GXP lol

or a cts-v

nope, i would never pay that for hyundai. for that kind of money i would just go buy me 2 G8's, a GT for my family car and GXP for my play car, and would probably still have some left over to start modding the GXP lol

LOL at comparing a G8 to the Hyundia. With that same train of thought you could say the same about the G8 I could pick up a Impreza and a WRX and still be cheaper the the G8 GXP.

The Hyundia is very nice for what it is and is able to do it far less then the other cars in its class. Hell a base model 7 series starts at 71k and a fully loaded EQUUS tops out at 68k.

I'd rock a used one 2-3yrs old but with ANY car the depreciation is so much in the first couple years that none of them are a good move new. Although I suppose if you're into spending that much on a new car you might not care.

LOL at comparing a G8 to the Hyundia. With that same train of thought you could say the same about the G8 I could pick up a Impreza and a WRX and still be cheaper the the G8 GXP.

The Hyundia is very nice for what it is and is able to do it far less then the other cars in its class. Hell a base model 7 series starts at 71k and a fully loaded EQUUS tops out at 68k.

not really comparing them, just saying that because they are both 4 door, V8 and RWD. if i wanted something with those atributes, id buy 2 G8's for the same price as the hyundai.

And why the fuck is an 8-speed trans necessary?

The Equus carries over into 2012 largely unchanged. There's still a wholesale list of standard features and interior refinement on par with the best from Lexus and Mercedes-Benz. But there are two welcome changes for this year's Equus: a new 5.0-liter V8 engine and an eight-speed transmission. The former makes more power than nearly every other V8 from the German and Japanese rivals, and the new transmission helps the 429-horsepower V8 achieve 18 mpg in combined driving.

18 mpg combined driving? alot of trucks these days get better city mpg's than that according to this site. and i realize a few are hybrids, but some arent.

they didn't make it for us, they made it for the chinese.

the chinese have a weird obsession with Buick. for some reason, it's seen as the pinnacle of luxury.

the Equus is a really nice car. honestly, there's nothing wrong with it at all. but you never have to explain why a BMW or Lexus is $60k. You have to explain it every time with the Hyundai

This again and again. Prove yourself POS Hyundai; blow me away. Until then...less then meh

How are they not? 100k warranty, crash test ratings, styling, performance, etc....you pick the model. They are doing very well in a much more competitive market and doing it quicker than Honda did when they began to take on the domestics.

They don't need to be the best to prove themselves. They are making leaps and bounds in terms of gains though and the competition is feeling it.

How are they not? 100k warranty, crash test ratings, styling, performance, etc....you pick the model. They are doing very well in a much more competitive market and doing it quicker than Honda did when they began to take on the domestics.

They don't need to be the best to prove themselves. They are making leaps and bounds in terms of gains though and the competition is feeling it.

You obviously have never driven or own a Korean car. The only reason they are selling because of the 100k warranty. Most of them would fall apart before the warranty end. That's why you dont see older Korean cars running around.

Let's hope the current generation Korean cars fair better. Until then, I rather buy used proven brand vehicles than new Korean cars.