Need to have a steam vent bung welded to an aluminum radiator

starkmaster03

That what I did and it works like a f'n charm. Just picked up a barbed fitting from the home depot and connected the rubber hose from the t to it with a hose clamp.

Just make sure you put in a spot away from casting creases to reduce potential stress cracks. I put mine facing forward.

That what I did and it works like a f'n charm. Just picked up a barbed fitting from the home depot and connected the rubber hose from the t to it with a hose clamp.

Just make sure you put in a spot away from casting creases to reduce potential stress cracks. I put mine facing forward.

Do you have a picture?

You can just buy a 1/4" or 1/8" aluminum bung from jegs for 4 bucks and have someone tig it in then just put a barbed fitting with a clamp on it. Similiar to what I did except I have a -4 going to a vapor setup from kurt urban

You can just buy a 1/4" or 1/8" aluminum bung from jegs for 4 bucks and have someone tig it in then just put a barbed fitting with a clamp on it. Similiar to what I did except I have a -4 going to a vapor setup from kurt urban

That's exactly what I picked up today but one of the pieces must have been labeled wrong because the will not go together.

I have done this on multiple setup without issue

I think i'm going to try this. I can't find a tap the right size. The fitting says it is a '1/4" NPT x 3/8" Hose'. Looks like I need a 1/2-18NF but can't find one and don't have one in my master kit. Anyone have one or know where to get one? Like today?