State Highway Patrol Q's

acklac7

Been seeing these fuckers everywhere lately, from what i've heard it's only going to get worse as there is a full-time post going up within city limits in the next year (if it isn't up already).

Question: What is there jurisdiction? I was under the impression they have complete jurisdiction on any road in Ohio, however others have told me they just have jurisdiction on State Roads and Highways. Would like to know since I seem to be seeing them on side streets all the time as of late.

be in mind also i see state police on a lot of back country roads we take the bikes on. they are everywhere, IMO getting stopped by those guys is the worst.

Yea, they're fucking nazi's. They have an open policy about stopping/harrassing random people for bullshit traffic violations (violations city cops could give 2 shits about) and then trying to "up the anti" in hopes of nailing them with a felony. Im all for protect and serve but there policy of stalk and harass really pisses me off.

Even though I'm up in Cleveland, I've seen Highway Patrol on local roads quite frequently. Although they were never running radar when I passed them

I have yet to see them running radar, just crusin. But still, Highway patrol on city streets is completely new to Columbus.

got pulled over by a statey coming down a hill not 10 seconds from my apartment, and because inertia caused me to speed up he clocked me going 7 over. He gave me a warning but told me to slow it down lol. I even blamed it on inertia he just laughed

I have a friend who's a state trooper, last time I talked to him he told me the state is trying to get the highway patrol turned to state police, he said everyone at his post objected to it because they don't wanna handle domestic disputes etc... so who knows where that sits as of now

yeah this was a pretty big deal back when whatever passed to give them another post. The news said they're really "cracking down" on 270, so have fun with that. I recall the FOP is actually against it, as the state nazi force is expanding and local police departments are getting shafted. Chalk one up for bigger government.

Oh, and fuck the state patrol. I've been stopped for everything from "cracks in tires" to passing on the right and given tickets for all sorts of bullshit. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

so you can get ticketed for having dry rotted tires? ive never heard of that.

Unsafe equipment. They actually have a list of items that fall under that. under 2/32" of tread, all lights, broken lenses/glass, loose or missing body panels, etc.

I've seen them on the back roads in lancaster quite a bit. They radar out there a lot too, middle of nowhere where type areas.

TBH I can sort of agree with that, I mean nobody else is out there, but within City of Columbus limits is just a slap in the face. Almost like big brother is stepping in because it views little brother isn't doing enough.

I <3 CPD

Statey's (Kasich) get fucked.

I see CPD all over the place, including other counties and places that are quite obviously not Columbus

Yea but usually you have do be doing something absurd to get there attention, and even then they usually don't give a shit. I can't tell you how many times I've passed CPD and was like "fuck im going to get pulled over" only to have CPD speed past me like "dude we don't care".

I see CPD all over the place, including other counties and places that are quite obviously not Columbus

when you talk about other counties is there anything in the said county that has been annexed by columbus? if so thats what cpd would have to patrol. only example i can think of would be polaris parkway, polaris is in delaware county, but since columbus annexed it they are responsible for the patrol on the parts that belong to columbus.

Yea, they're fucking nazi's. They have an open policy about stopping/harrassing random people for bullshit traffic violations (violations city cops could give 2 shits about) and then trying to "up the anti" in hopes of nailing them with a felony. Im all for protect and serve but there policy of stalk and harass really pisses me off.

Honestly, out of the 3 staties ive been pulled over by, only 1 of them has been a dick and tried to get me on some bullshit. Ive been pulled over by 4 pataskala cops and 3 of them were douchbags, although the last time they "got" me, i think the cop was thinking he had got him some teenage kid that he was gonna scare, to bad that backfired on him lol.

I have seen alot of staties around the pataskala/reynoldsburg area to and had been wondering what was going on.

yeah this was a pretty big deal back when whatever passed to give them another post. The news said they're really "cracking down" on 270, so have fun with that. I recall the FOP is actually against it, as the state nazi force is expanding and local police departments are getting shafted. Chalk one up for bigger government.

Oh, and fuck the state patrol. I've been stopped for everything from "cracks in tires" to passing on the right and given tickets for all sorts of bullshit. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Super Troopers in reverse?

When I was in the Police academy we had several OSP instructors. They told us to always ask for permission to search a vehicle no matter what the original violation was for. Just like you said, "to up the anti". It is such a backdoor violation of our rights. I mean yeah, you can always say no but where they get you is that most people have the impression that if they say no, it will make them look guilty, so they just agree to it.