Red White and Boom game planning (COTA ON STRIKE)

Sturg1647545502

COTA is on strike so dont plan on using them

Road closures for Tuesday morning for Red, White and Boom starting at 9:00am and continuing throughout the day:

•Starling Street between W. Broad Street and W. Town Street

•Rush Alley between Starling Street and Belle Street

•W. State Street between McDowell Street and Belle Street

•South curb lanes of W. Broad Street between McDowell Street and Belle Street

•Belle Street between W. Broad Street and W. Town Street

•North curb lane of W. Town Street between Starling Street and Belle Street

•Nationwide Boulevard between Neil Avenue and S. Ludlow Avenue

http://www.redwhiteandboom.org/

Edited by Sturg

Damn I forgot COTA was on strike... We were going to take the bus downtown.

Maybe we will stick to what we normally do.. Park behind the old IPS in the fields..

Yea i think that throws a wrench in alot of peoples plans. We would usually take cota from either german village or clintonville.

Might bike ride down this time...although the drunken ride back could get sketchy

Watching fireworks for 20-30 minutes.. spending 2-3 hours to get home. :dumb:

nah, the fireworks act as the pinnacle to a day full of " so many activites"

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50552_233044242358_8184866_n.jpg

Strike in time for and shit on the celebrations of thousands for the 4th of July event even though you have a tentative agreement. It's the American thing to do.

you are probably the most boring and predictable poster in teh history of CR. you're like the das borgen of non reposts.

you are probably the most boring and predictable poster in teh history of CR. you're like the das borgen of non reposts.

and you're the coolest mother fucker on this board hands down. no one holds a candle to your awesomeness and God Damn you know it too.

Heard on the news the rejected the contract and are still on strike tomorrow. No Cota busses.

with unemployment high, the 4th upon us and public support likely nil for said unions, COTA needs to break them and ditch the unions once and for all.

i could set my watch. and whats with the 10 minute response time? pitiful.

If you were a fish you'd be in my boat on the way to a fire pit :lol:

Too easy. I knew there was a reason I love having you here.

How will the poor people get to their free healthcare that Tim is paying for if the buses are not running?

they'll just stay home, make more welfare babies, light up some crack and expect the new insurance to cover home visits. hell, my guess is Obama will provide them medical majiuana to wean them off the pipe.

they'll just stay home, make more welfare babies, light up some crack and expect the new insurance to cover home visits. hell, my guess is Obama will provide them medical majiuana to wean them off the pipe.

Marijuana is a gateway drug and I dont think it can work the other way around.

Fun facts from the Dispatch:

In 2010 - The average household income in Ohio was $46,093 (http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/09/14/median-income-in-ohio-hits-27-year-low.html)

Salary range for COTA bus drivers is: $14.58 to $24.31/hr (or $30,326.40 to $50,564.80/yr) (http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/07/03/cota-strike-continues-as-union-nixes-deal.html)

I'm missing the part where COTA drivers are under-paid and can't make a fair (good actually) wage... After only 7 years on the job, a driver can be at the top of the salary scale and be making close to (or more) than the average household income in the state. Seems like a good salary (starting and top) to me...