Welding and fabrication @ BP Autosports

Alex L.

Looks damn good, Alex. I think you're going to have to do my lower i/c pipe for me once I'm moved this coming month.

Truth. Been using my neighbors when I can. Most recently to actually cut some i/c pipes and to rig a press for lipping same pipes.

My new JET saw came in two weeks ago. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you can make a water jacketed header for my jet ski? PM me an estimate.

Stock manifold

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Seadoo-4-tec-Exhaust-Manifold-RXP-RXT-GTX-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/v88AAOxypeRR6znu/$%28KGrHqV,!lMFHlsyWzJ3BR6znuoSKQ~~60_35.JPG

Aftermarket header

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=309237&d=1375584866

Keith, I'm currently prototyping production parts and not taking in any custom work. If that changes in the near future, I'll let you know.

Prototype some Non-VVTi 1JZ manifolds for an MK3 Supra, ill be your guinea pig ;).

But these welds are amazing. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what this car does.

Keith, I'm currently prototyping production parts and not taking in any custom work. If that changes in the near future, I'll let you know.

A little off topic-but is there really a good profit margin in this type of work? Buying new machines, purchasing materials, Rent, ect can get expensive in a hurry-let alone modding a built Supra. I know when I was with Shearer-it was a tuff boat to float even when we were moving 30-40 manifolds a month.

How do you swing it? Does prototyping pay that well?

A little off topic-but is there really a good profit margin in this type of work? Buying new machines, purchasing materials, Rent, ect can get expensive in a hurry-let alone modding a built Supra. I know when I was with Shearer-it was a tuff boat to float even when we were moving 30-40 manifolds a month.

How do you swing it? Does prototyping pay that well?

Dad pays dem bills :lolguy:

I've spent time acquiring tools, sourcing materials, etc. Bear in mind I've only just started transitioning to prouduction work, I've done custom work for a few years prior and that money's paid for a majority of the tooling, etc. I do receive some assistance from my father, but he is my business partner in this venture.

I've spent time acquiring tools, sourcing materials, etc. Bear in mind I've only just started transitioning to prouduction work, I've done custom work for a few years prior and that money's paid for a majority of the tooling, etc. I do receive some assistance from my father, but he is my business partner in this venture.

That’s fortunate. I would hate to partner with Family in this business if they expected any kind of return.

Do you have anyone else working for you in the shop? When would you be able/willing to take on fab work again?

I work for myself by myself at the shop. My ears are always open to custom work, but if I have limited time and have to invest it where I see the most profit and expansion available to me in the future. In considering releasing a small line of fab components in the near future; have to keep true to my mindset and my vision.

I work for myself by myself at the shop. My ears are always open to custom work, but if I have limited time and have to invest it where I see the most profit and expansion available to me in the future. In considering releasing a small line of fab components in the near future; have to keep true to my mindset and my vision.

Got it. Texted

• 2 weeks later...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/IMG_20130901_194841_zps05f8fd6a.jpg

Been wanting to do this shot for awhile. All of the components for my new turbo system (minus a few little odds and ends). Built entirely by me right here at BP Autosports, LLC. Kit is comprised of the following:

-BPA equal radius tubular T6 manifold

-BPA 5" downpipe

-Garrett GT4708 turbocharger w/BPA custom wastegate provision and compressor outlet

-Turbosmart Powergate 60mm wastegate

-BPA 11ga 3"/4" hotside/coldside charge pipes, respectively with clamshell clamp

-Turbosmart Race Port 50mm blowoff valve

-BPA intake manifold w/CNC head flange and 4.5" plenum

I think it just might flow enough.

Did you get the trans soreted out? You can make all the power in the world but it wont amount to a hill of beans if it falls out of boost between shifts. 4708 (is that the 80 or 88mm?) is a lot of turbo to whick up unelss your on a 3.4.

All parts look great though :)

Yep, was the old clutch giving me fits. Has an RPS triple in it now that'll alleviate all problems. Between that, nitrous, and no-lifting, I don't see why I'll have a problem.