Welding and fabrication @ BP Autosports

Alex L.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a 2JZ-GE twin scroll manifold that's coming out pretty nicely so far:

1186745_633496660022120_887121959_n.jpg

Also picked up a Jackson passive hood with a gold #11 lens after hearing everyone talk about how good of a setup it is. After playing around with it today, I can see why everyone likes it:

1546115_10202053085302585_1628761167_n.jpg

Had a pretty solid day today.

Finished this up:

1508567_635485366489916_2072882576_n.jpg

Cut this:

1546377_635487469823039_1957944392_n.jpg

Some weld detail and comparative consistency on the collector:

1514972_635487096489743_1736007483_n.jpg

1515050_635494513155668_1620032328_n.jpg

And ran a bead to show some penetration:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/IMG_20140101_175828_zpseeb1e7zg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice Work, Awesome Welds...

Thanks, John, still have the GN?

great welds as always. stupid question. Why not put it in a pipe bender to get through the transitions without welding?

jevans.... more info on the mustang please.

Thanks, Jesse. Titanium is not easily mandrel bent, nor do I have a mandrel bender at my disposal. It's easier to do low-angle pie cuts to maintain a long radius bend, good centerline radius, and proper flow.

Not to hijack your thread...take away from your client base...but allow me to show you some of my maaaad welding skillz:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=669&pictureid=7494

CLOSE ENOUGH

Been slicing up Tom's old Z06 crossover pipe...piecing it together to make a finished exhaust for Cleetus...PM ME FOR PRICE QUOTES:lol:

Thanks, John, still have the GN?

No problem, you're doing some great work over there. I can appreciate the fabrication and welding going into your projects.

Yeah, I still have the GN. Been down for over a year now. I decided to build a new engine and upgrade the combination. It took forever to get most of the rotating assemble, not to many high end V-6 Buick parts available out there. I'm thinking I should have went ahead with a LS swap. I could have saved some a lot of time and ton of money.

Hoping to have everything finished up and have it on the road sometime in May.

Clay, whatever works man! I've seen much worse before, it'll work quite well for what you're doing.

John, thanks man, it's definitely taken some time to get to the point where I feel good about posting my pictures up. Glad to hear you still have the Buick, I unfortunately got rid of mine to continue with my Supra project, which has been bittersweet. The LC2s are cool, but an LS is definitely the way to go for "cheap" power. Hopefully we'll be able to check each others projects out at a C&C this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful manifold man... just awesome. Can't wait to hear what kind of power it makes whenever you hear back from the customer! Also wonder how the spool is on that. Also surprised they had you build that beautiful manifold but didnt make him some custom downpipes for the setup...

Do you prefer using T4/T6 etc. type flanges or V-Banding the manifolds? I feel like a V-Band would be easier and more efficient.

Beautiful manifold man... just awesome. Can't wait to hear what kind of power it makes whenever you hear back from the customer! Also wonder how the spool is on that. Also surprised they had you build that beautiful manifold but didnt make him some custom downpipes for the setup...

Do you prefer using T4/T6 etc. type flanges or V-Banding the manifolds? I feel like a V-Band would be easier and more efficient.

Doesn't matter to me how big or small a job like this ends up being. I'm actually glad this one ended up being just the manifolds.

As far as flange footprints go, I have a ton of experience with 4-bolt flange turbos so I'm obviously a little partial to them, but I like these v-band housings a lot. I really want to work with a promod 1.15 A/R v-band unit in the future.

• 4 weeks later...