Alex L.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So after a few beers I began stumbling around the old interweb on stepped turbo headers. Low and behold, google returned threads of your knowledge/results on honda-tech of previous work about the topic. Pretty impressive. Any consideration of moving the turbo towards the front of the car and going for a triple stepped?

So after a few beers I began stumbling around the old interweb on stepped turbo headers. Low and behold, google returned threads of your knowledge/results on honda-tech of previous work about the topic. Pretty impressive. Any consideration of moving the turbo towards the front of the car and going for a triple stepped?

I'm glad to have been able to actually publish some data on the subject, there were a few people doing them but never any information released on them.

I haven't considered a manifold like you described. Rather than do something like that, I'd more than likely release a tri-Y design to the market.

Any interest in twins any more? I mean, I just love twins in general! :)

Once I'm done with school in October and can go back to working as much as possible, I'll be open to doing custom jobs and would be willing to build something like that.

• 1 month later...
I don't doubt that, but my entire life is centralized around this area. I'm not ready to move that far away and start over at this point in my life.

You play your cards right...its leveling up not starting over.

Offer to operate BPA on a P&L out of their shop. They W2 you $$$ you their shop Fab work but BPA operates as a separate entity IN their pre existing operation. You get paid from both ways.

Everyone wins.

Unless BPA itself is keeping the lights on? I just know from being in that business int he past you have to move a LOT of manifolds to make any real money. When I worked with Shearer, we had to move 4 manifolds a month just to cover our fixed overhead. That's 48 manifolds a year to make $0 dollars. :mad:

You play your cards right...its leveling up not starting over.

Offer to operate BPA on a P&L out of their shop. They W2 you $$$ you their shop Fab work but BPA operates as a separate entity IN their pre existing operation. You get paid from both ways.

Everyone wins.

Unless BPA itself is keeping the lights on? I just know from being in that business int he past you have to move a LOT of manifolds to make any real money. When I worked with Shearer, we had to move 4 manifolds a month just to cover our fixed overhead. That's 48 manifolds a year to make $0 dollars. :mad:

That seems like a huge headache to still work under someone else. My plans for this company are more far-reaching than just manifolds, that's just the most sensible market to be in right now with the limited time I have available to work. When I finish school in the next couple months, I plan to delve back into custom welding/fabrication, parts sales, etc. That way, I don't have all my proverbial eggs in one basket, and I'm not reliant on just one facet of my business to put money in my pockets.