Sometimes its the simple things

Akula

Yesterday I get home from vacation and my house has very little water pressure. My first instinct was to run to CR and ask if anyone does well servicing but, then, I decided to look at it.

I took a look at my pressure tank and noticed it was steady at 25psi. It should be 60psi. I look and my well pump breaker isn't tripped. A real head scratcher. So, I triped the breaker and ran the system to 0psi. I then turned the pump back on and BAM!!! 60psi.

The point of this is sometimes DIY is simple, sometimes it isn't . Dont go spending the money on a "professional" until you have used a bit of your own skillz on it. If you have no skillz, you should have payed attention to your dad more.

sometimes its easy

Years ago my dryer stopped working out of the blue. The light would turn on and it made noises like it wanted to work, but it didn't move. I called a repair man who came out and gave the inside blade things a little push with his hand while holding the start button and it started right up. It's been working flawlessly ever since. It was like $90 just to have him come out, he even said he felt bad taking my money for that. Lesson learned.

To counter, sometimes it is not the simple things.

Like my thread about my shower leaking. The thing is still leaking, because I called moen, and they have to mail me a new cartridge for a shower valve that i bought 2 months ago. I screwed around with it a few times, sometimes it got it to leak less, sometimes more, but it has never stopped it. 4 days now with a very large drip, even possibly a stream. Nothing I can correct without them supplying the right part.

To counter, sometimes it is not the simple things.

Like my thread about my shower leaking. The thing is still leaking, because I called moen, and they have to mail me a new cartridge for a shower valve that i bought 2 months ago. I screwed around with it a few times, sometimes it got it to leak less, sometimes more, but it has never stopped it. 4 days now with a very large drip, even possibly a stream. Nothing I can correct without them supplying the right part.

This kind of shit always happens to me. The handful of "little" jobs this house needed when we bought it 5 years ago have just recently been finished (except for new kitchen tiles) because every one of them turned out to be a much bigger pain in the ass than anticipated.

Home ownership is the suck. :fa:

This kind of shit always happens to me. The handful of "little" jobs this house needed when we bought it 5 years ago have just recently been finished (except for new kitchen tiles) because every one of them turned out to be a much bigger pain in the ass than anticipated.

Home ownership is the suck. :fa:

+1000000

i come home on tues, my gf knows about all these problems (leaking toilet, leaking shower, toilet running constantly), and asks why I am pissed. i proceeded to scream in her face that im pissed that i just spent $8k on a bathroom that doesn't fucking work, that's why im pissed.

+1000000

i come home on tues, my gf knows about all these problems (leaking toilet, leaking shower, toilet running constantly), and asks why I am pissed. i proceeded to scream in her face that im pissed that i just spent $8k on a bathroom that doesn't fucking work, that's why im pissed.

My thoughts are with you

I just fixed a bunch of plumbing problems at my house. Every time I finish one I put down the towels and tell my wife "let me know if this leaks". then I wait a few days and tighten/fix anything that isn't right. I have never done a simple plumbing job but after looking at it a few times I figure it out. I said Sometimes, cuz often its expensive and the person you hire sucks.

I just fixed a bunch of plumbing problems at my house. Every time I finish one I put down the towels and tell my wife "let me know if this leaks". then I wait a few days and tighten/fix anything that isn't right. I have never done a simple plumbing job but after looking at it a few times I figure it out. I said Sometimes, cuz often its expensive and the person you hire sucks.

I do always at least try to do everything myself. At least up to the point that I know I can't do it and am starting to make things worse (and more expensive to fix correctly). We have done just about everything short of concrete and other specialty trades ourselves though.

+1000000

Cry more emo kid. You don't even want to know how much money I have spent on my house in the past 6 years. 8K is nothing truthfully :(

thats just what i spent on one bathroom breh.

I feel your pain bro. I had to fix a leak that was dripping in my basement. It was my shower head pipe that was behind wonderful tile. Had to destroy all of that to replace 1 fucking pipe. Then I found out the walls are all cement block with chicken wire in the middle. I removed all of them with minimal bleeding and replaced with water resistant drywall. Every house should have drywall and paint. I have horror stories of removing 5 layers of wallpaper from my other rooms.

I feel your pain bro. I had to fix a leak that was dripping in my basement. It was my shower head pipe that was behind wonderful tile. Had to destroy all of that to replace 1 fucking pipe. Then I found out the walls are all cement block with chicken wire in the middle. I removed all of them with minimal bleeding and replaced with water resistant drywall. Every house should have drywall and paint. I have horror stories of removing 5 layers of wallpaper from my other rooms.

Buy janky shit house, be butthurt that you have to fix a million things.

Sssshhhhh no tears

sucks bad. i thought i was gonna have to rip my shit out. still might, who knows. use durock, not mold resistant greenboard. its more moisture resistant, and the tile sticks better when you go to put it on.

sucks bad. i thought i was gonna have to rip my shit out. still might, who knows. use durock, not mold resistant greenboard. its more moisture resistant, and the tile sticks better when you go to put it on.

I will look into that thanks for the tip.