GREAT! Netflix Instant Movie - War of the Arrows

TTQ B4U

I don't find too many movies on the instant list worth more than a late night time killer, but if you're interested in a keeper, IMO, War of the Arrows is it.

Set during the second Manchu invasion of Korea, a brother goes all out in terms of archery skills to get revent against the Qing Dynasty to save his younger sister who was dragged away by Mongolian invaders. If you're a fan of kick ass archery you'll like this flick.

It's a fast paced action movie that while I hate subtitles, in this case I completley didn't mind them. In fact to watch this dubbed would suck balls so don't do it if you get the DVD. The acting is good and the story line will keep you glued to the screen for the full 2hrs. There is one scene involving a tiger that includes some less-than-stellar CGI effects, but I can forgive that as the camera action and battles are very well done. The action scenes which build throughout are punctuated with quieter scenes that help relieve the tension.

I'll say it one more time, this movie is fast paced, exciting, engrossing and decently acted. There was a real satisfaction towards the end of the film. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed a Netflix instant film nearly this much.

I've been eyeballing this and haven't got around to watching it.

I recently watched "Let the Bullets Fly." It's another odd one, but a good one. Just, don't get your hopes up about Chow Yun Fat. I think he fires only one bullet the whole movie.

There were some cool fight scenes but it had weird Korean acting and i turned it off half ways through.

fixed since its a Korean movie :)

Keep in mind what you're seeing is a mid 1600's period piece too. Definitely not 2012 American Ninja stuff.