Pot roast..

SRTurbo04

Season with salt and pepper, pour cream of onion or cream of mushroom soup over pot roast. Slow cook for about 10 hours. Serve pulled over texas toast and mashed potatoes

You can add some lean bacon as well to add some more flavor. When I do it with Venison I use shitty fatty bacon to make sure the Venison stays tender

Season with salt and pepper, pour cream of onion or cream of mushroom soup over pot roast. Slow cook for about 10 hours. Serve pulled over texas toast and mashed potatoes

You can add some lean bacon as well to add some more flavor. When I do it with Venison I use shitty fatty bacon to make sure the Venison stays tender

^^ this. We do this for a simple come home and eat dinner on long work days and it's to die for.

^^ this. We do this for a simple come home and eat dinner on long work days and it's to die for.

Exactly. My wife also makes it when I am having friends over too. Easiest way to feed a bunch of guys. It's one of those meals where there is absolutely no reason to fancy it up. Definitely a keep it simple thing.

The way we cook it:

Fat Side up. Chunk some potaotes, Cut up some carrots, and prepare some Pearl Onions. We season the meat with just some simple salt/pepper. Put a layer of the Potatoes/Carrots/Onions on the bottom. Put the meat on top of that. Then fill around the meat with the other veggies. We then mix up 2 packets of brown gravy, and pour that over the roast. Then add a cup of water, and set on low for ~10 hours or so.

Makes it's own gravy while cooking, and is pretty tasty. I have tried some of the other ways in here people are mentioning, and they are good too.

We're going to do some pulled pork butt later this week.

Going to make a rub with :

2 tbsp. Salt

2 tbsp. Sugar

2 tbsp. Brown Sugar

2 tbsp. Ground Cumin

2 tbsp. Chili Powder

2 tbsp. Fresh Ground Pepper

1 tbsp. Cayenne Pepper

1/4 c. Paprika

Then going to make an injection* of :

1 c. Apple Juice

1/4 c. Apple Cider Vinegar

1/4 c. Water

2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

1 1/2 tbsp. Rub Mix (above)

2 tbsp. Corn Syrup

*for 8lb. meat

Going to slow cook it for probably 6 hours. Had some last week cooked in a can of Sprite... was absolutely incredible.. May try that out too lol.

Top with some Carolina BBQ sauce. :fuckyeah: