Question about Coolant flushing

Fubar231

When i change my T-Stat, and drain the coolant out. When i put it back together should i fill the radiator up with water and run the car till the t-stat opens up, then drain out all the water to make sure i get all the old coolant out, or will i be ok after draining out the radiator and taking the thermostat out. I don't know how much coolants left in the motor after removing the t-stat and draining the radiator.

Also, how much does the stock radiator on the LS1 take?

Thanks

Well im putting in a new tstat and since I have to drain the radiator I wasn't sure if I should flush out the block or not. Im unsure if there's red or green coolant in the car but ill find out tomorrow when I drain it. I know that you can't mix green and red. If its red ill flush it out but if its green I wasn't sure if I should still flush it or not.

There is a coolant drain on the block near the starter it is a Allen head. I have a 160 and Honda blue coolant in mine. The blue stuff is ethyline glycol like traditional green coolant however it has additives to protect aluminum engine components. It runs a little cooler than stock but when in traffic it is mostly identical since i havent modified my fan speed settings yet. If you don't feel like pulling the block drain than just fill her up with distilled water a few times and then dump it until it drains clean. Do not put tap water in your car.