TX2K12 DVD Teaser - 750hp 3 Rotor RX7 vs GT-R vs Blown Camaro

dover

Oddly enough, I dont miss my rotary engine at all. I loved how it sounded and felt, but it seemed like every time I beat on the car, I thought "is today the day the apex seals go bye-bye"... I wanted to remove that disaster magnet with a quickness, unfortunately I didnt remove it before it found disaster.

I do miss my FD a lot, it was a blast to drive on the street, but very uncomfortable on the track with a helmet. At 6'4" my head was all over the roof, and I had an R2 with the solid roof and slightly more head clearance, which did nothing for me. Which is a primary reason I didnt get another one.

And psssh, 4 rotors are for noobs, its all about the 12 rotor now, hahaha.

their second run he was only like 2 cars back. Pretty impressive to me since I'm sure it also weighs over a thousand pounds more.

Yup, GTR's do well against cars you wouldn't think they should.

Between the flat as hell mountain of torque, and the DSG..well..YUM.

While the Rotary was waiting to make boost at 78,000rpm's and make torque between 78,000 to 79,200, the GTR can leap out and hold on for a while. With just a de-cat and flash the race outcome would be quite different.

Yup, GTR's do well against cars you wouldn't think they should.

Between the flat as hell mountain of torque, and the DSG..well..YUM.

While the Rotary was waiting to make boost at 78,000rpm's and make torque between 78,000 to 79,200, the GTR can leap out and hold on for a while. With just a de-cat and flash the race outcome would be quite different.

since when are mountains flat?

and considering he said 580whp or something, I would say it probably 'at least' had a "de-cat" and "flash".... :dumb:

I like how the skyline with 200 less whp was staying right with him

Power under the curve, or average HP.

The Rotary made 750, for a milllisecond, and top RPM. Its basically a meaningless number in terms of actual performance on the street

That Skyline likely makes 550whp for 3000rpm if set up correctly, and has effortless automated shifts.

Rx-7 needs 1k RWHP. Sounds great though. :fuckyeah: