2002 Sentra A/C issue

coltboostin

Hello all-

I have searched and have an idea of that the issue is- have a 2002 Sentra with 117k on it. No rust, everything works great.

A/c- blows hot

Trouble shooting- FIRST ODD ISSUE- blower only works on HIGH. Makes me thing switch could be bad?

AC light comes on on the console-AC compressor does NOT engage. Also, the AC fan does NOT turn on. Makes me think switch? Low side has plenty of pressure (too much actually, 80 psi!). Previous owner said the AC did work intermittently, but I have now seen it work yet.

I have not jumped the compressor to test it yet-anyone confirm what wire to send 12v too?

Anything else to check?

I saw this thread

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115092

And that may be an option- but the fans never kick on, and the compressor never kicks on-so I am leaning against that. any other suggestions or trouble shooting options would be appreciated. :)

Could and over pressure system cause it not to kick? Same with the Fan?

Also how much is too much?

if its over charged the system wont work, I just had a 2012 TL with 4k miles come in that was over charged becuase the customer left his sunshade open windows up out in the sun all day, turned the a/c on and he said it took too long to cool down(well no shit) so he bought a can of 134a installed himself causing it to be over charged.

now the a/c system is gonna have a high reading if the compressor isn't working, there should be a label under the hood telling you the min and max amount of freon in kgs and lbs, always charge the system to the max amount.

if its over charged the system wont work, I just had a 2012 TL with 4k miles come in that was over charged becuase the customer left his sunshade open windows up out in the sun all day, turned the a/c on and he said it took too long to cool down(well no shit) so he bought a can of 134a installed himself causing it to be over charged.

now the a/c system is gonna have a high reading if the compressor isn't working, there should be a label under the hood telling you the min and max amount of freon in kgs and lbs, always charge the system to the max amount.

Yes, but the max amount was 1.34 lbs or something. Makes no sense when I only have a PSI gauge!!

What would be expected with the compressor off?

Update-tried what everyone said and not the car does not even start!!!!!

j.k. Started to car to troubleshoot-and the AC WORKS?! Checked the pressure-@20psi on the low side. Put a Can in it-now at 35 and the Air is ICE cold. Good for far for 2 days of DDing. For now, I call it fixed! If there are deals like this on C-list all the time, I can see how people can troll for cars all day, flip them , and make a living! Crazy!

Oh and found out its originally a VA car-has only seen one Cleveland Winter. Explains the lack of Rust…..