Right to search your Garage Sale Stuff?

TTQ B4U

0:43 looks like it's up in the air for the world to see, don't get all rustled. If I hang meat in front of a lion I'm not gonna bitch when I get bit.

And you shouldn't bitch about getting bit. But you should also have that right, ignorant thought it may be, without worry of being harassed.

No. This is baiting. The police should arrest these pests. Im all for standing up for your rights, but these people take it too far. Just as easily, that cop could claim he was interested in purchasing the airsoft guns.

Im versed in guns and if i was driving by and saw 5 AK/AR style guns hanging from these cockroaches garage door, id be a little worried too.

I would bet you all the money to my name that you wouldn't be able to tell the diff between a real AR and a high quality airsoft AR until you held it.

Cliffs - Your wrong, not matter what comes out of your mouth or gets typed on this board, your wrong.

Thank you, have a good day.

Whether they were 'baiting' or not is irrelevant. Rights are rights. If the officers weren't attempting to violate them, there wouldn't have been a problem. Besides, who the FUCK is going to hang up some ar15's that are real?! Which is what the fucking pussy who called it in should've asked themselves before calling the cops, reporting the garage sale and wasting everybody's time. Get your lazy, historyonic ass out of the suv and take a look yourself...

Both parties are somewhat wrong:

1) Garage seller lady - no expectation of privacy exists for things in plain sight so no warrant is needed. She could ask the police to leave (step off the grass) but that is all. They can look from the sidewalk all they want to.

2) Police - No probable cause to search through their things. Even being in plain sight there needs to be probable cause to conduct a search - the officer must believe a crime has or is going to be committed. Only crimes would be violation of local laws restricting/prohibiting firearm sales, or selling to a felon or minor. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

this deserves to be quoted.

There are 2 sides to this story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Both parties are somewhat wrong:

1) Garage seller lady - no expectation of privacy exists for things in plain sight so no warrant is needed. She could ask the police to leave (step off the grass) but that is all. They can look from the sidewalk all they want to.

2) Police - No probable cause to search through their things. Even being in plain sight there needs to be probable cause to conduct a search - the officer must believe a crime has or is going to be committed. Only crimes would be violation of local laws restricting/prohibiting firearm sales, or selling to a felon or minor. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

I believe plain site gives them all the probably cause that they need. Its the same as pulling a car over and seeing a bag of weed or a weapon in plain site. Then they have a right to search.

Except that possessing a firearm, or intending to sell is not illegal*. Possessing a bag of weed is a crime and gives probable cause to search the rest of the car.

* With a few exceptions, though these need to be suspected before probable cause is applicable. The police could question the seller if she can legally possess the firearm or if she has intention to withhold selling to someone that can't legally purchase, perhaps other local restrictions, etc.

What a cunt... Cant wait till something happens to her when she needs the help of the police.

this is my thought, the cop obviously knew who the lady was and knew she was part of cop block. Id laugh my ass off when she actually needs help and the cops just take their time.