Who can replace a wheel stud this weekend?

justinwebb

Looking to get a wheel stud replaced as its stripped slightly and rather just replace it, anyone know someone that can do it this weekend? I could take it to the random tire shop and have someone fix it but seeing if anyone on here wanted some cash to do it or know of a good shop. Its the front wheel stud on the drivers side if that matters lol

Not all cars have enough room between the hub and the knuckle to let the old stud out / new stud in..

I may be wrong, but I think a certain year civic you have to notch the new stud to get it back in / play with the old one to get it out..

Justin I have a bigass 32mm hub socket if you want it. I bought it for my civic when I replaced a half shaft and haven't needed it since. They're like $35 at the store.

might have to buy that from you if I cant find anyone else

If your near brice and 70 I can help u out

I am in polaris but I can go anywhere needed the wheel is still on the car and I can drive with 3 lugs haha

You have to press the hub assembly apart on these things. There isn't enough room to get the old one out and new one in. I had to replace a broken stud last year on same Integra and luckily I was able to press it apart without destroying the bearing. However I have 200k miles on OEM bearings, might as well replace them now instead of chancing getting them out safely again.

The Ek's could be different and have a spae where you can get the stud out without removing it, but usually if 1 Honda has to be done a certain way, they all do

You have to press the hub assembly apart on these things..

that could be an issue and you might have to have a shop do it. I would do the good old forum research and go from there to see if you could do this in your garage or if you need a press etc.