since nobody ever posts anything good about the police...

Green Bastard

I figured I would.

we were driving home and a couple blocks from our house we see a couple kids walking a mini-bike down the road. we get home and the one I had on our back patio for my nephews was gone. I called the police, and within 10 minutes a cruiser pulls up with my mini-bike in the trunk. he said they ditched it so he didn't catch anyone, I was just happy to get my stuff back. he offered to file a report on it for me, but I told him no biggie. besides the kids we saw pushing it couldn't have been older than 8 or so, so all they would really be able to do is scare them anyhow. I was just suprised by the quick response time on something I figured would be low police priority, could be that he had a ride along with him though and it wasn't going to be a felony stop too though.

I was just suprised by the quick response time on something I figured would be low police priority, could be that he had a ride along with him though and it wasn't going to be a felony stop too though.

Or it could be that due to the fact you live in the Ghetto there's a strong police presence/fast response time ;)

I don't understand why when someone gets robbed, or something gets stolen. You automatically "live in the ghetto." If the OP actually lived in the ghetto there wouldn't be anything to steal.

Maybe not in this case, but ever think people go to decent neighborhoods to steal shit?

Glad they got the mini bike back for you.

I don't understand why when someone gets robbed, or something gets stolen. You automatically "live in the ghetto." If the OP actually lived in the ghetto there wouldn't be anything to steal.

Maybe not in this case, but ever think people go to decent neighborhoods to steal shit?

Glad they got the mini bike back for you.

he actually does live in the ghetto

its really not that "ghetto" where i live, the mini-bike has been sitting outside for months (among other things) and this is the first time anyone has messed with me or any of my property. im not saying that linden is not ghetto per se, but there are parts that really aren't. i live in north east linden. and to add to what rocky was saying about things being stolen out of nice neighborhoods, my parents live near park and sancus (about a mile from polaris), and they have had more trouble with cars being broken into, and kids rummaging through the garage (door left open for a test drive on a car that was being fixed). it doesn't matter what neighborhood you live in, crime is everywhere. either way, im happy i got the mini-bike back, i just hope the cops scared enough sense into the kids so maybe next time they will think twice before doing something like that again.

Glad to hear, Cops get a bad rap. If people think they can do it better, Go take the test.

Actually, the test isn't that hard and I'm sure I could do considerably better job than many officers. But that's how I am at every job I've had. ;) Some people still take the utmost pride in being the best at whatever they do.