Camcorder suggestions

Big Chief2011647545501

I picked up a Sony 1080P one for Christmas and love it. Panny has one that is alittle nicer but I was already above my budget for my first video camera. It's nothing hugely fancy but it does have some cool features. MOst of all it's small and easy to use. I can 2hrs of full 1080P 60fpm video with surround sound on my 32gb card.

I will tell you if you're looking at a nice digital HD one and even remotely think you'll be editing videos, you'll want to bump your overall budget.

I spend about $450 on the camera, $85 on the memory card, $200 on software, added a BluRay Burner and large HDD to my PC. All in it wasn't cheap but well worth it.

Here's a pic for comparison

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/140905761/original.jpg

With the huge verge of digital cameras about a decade back, you can't go wrong with any of the top brands mid range products. If you haven't owned a modern video camera in many years, you'll be in for a decent surprise, as the purpose built video cameras in the $300-500 range have drastically improved. Any sony/nikon/canon/fuji will suit you well, although for video sony/canon are the better buys, IMO.