Should we expect another weapons ban.....

Putty

A properly trained CCW owner likely would NOT hit a child. He wouldn't fire if he couldn't properly acquire his target.

Also, even if he did (and this is sad to admit) but the loss of one to possibly save many others is unfortunately part of the price of life.

Plenty of civilians have died in war. Sometimes that's the side effect of stopping the threat.

The media claims that as soon as the cops showed up the guy laid down his guns and surrendered. He obviously didn't want to die. Had he been in a place where a couple people could have had CCWs instead of being in a Criminal Protection Zone of a city, then he probably would have surrendered to them just as quickly, averting much of this tragedy.

THIS:

A properly trained CCW owner likely would NOT hit a child. He wouldn't fire if he couldn't properly acquire his target.

Firing on an untrained individual who's:

a) probably never taken a hit by a bullet in body armor

b) would still die from a head shot

c) might not have tried if he knew the odds were good A or B would happen

You keep coming back to properly trained. How many supposed "properly trained" drivers cut you off daily? I don't trust anyone to be properly trained.

here's the facts on sweden and they seem to support you.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/sweden

however, keep in mind that sweden is a socialized state with a government healthcare system, insanely high taxes, and very little crime compared to other countries.

Bump

http://www.zdnet.com/senate-blocks-cybersecurity-act-7000002051/

Cyber security act bill is dead, no magazine ban for now.

You know, if I want my internet connection to be secure I'd talk to an IT professional, not some 80 year old in congress that can't find the speaker jack on the back of his Packard Bell.

Just like if I wanted to find a way to stop criminals from murdering people I wouldn't be talking to Jack Hanna over at the zoo, I'd be talking to someone in a country thats actually safe, like Switzerland.