Detailers - Smoke Smell

Fiji ST

Anyone have any good tips on how to get smoke smell out of a vehicle? I know of a few ways to help, but what are some products/tips that can be used? The car has already been detailed, the carpets shampooed and the leather has been wiped down.

I believe Doc has a ionizer (or de-ionizer).

+1. Some sort of ozone machine is needed. Most of that smell is likely still stuck in the headliner, more often than not it's best to just sack up and replace it as really deep cleaning a headliner will more than likely destroy it.

If all the fabric in the car has been thoroughly shampooed, an ion generator will remove any remaining smoke smell. It takes about 15 mins to prep the car, one hour of ion generation, an hour to air out the car, and the smell should be gone forever. If you leave any fabric unwashed, some of the smoke smell will return in a week or so. I'll do it for you for free at the hangout, or you can check around town for a price.

What Andy said about the headliner is spot-on. Most are hard to deep clean, but if you don't, the smell will at least partially return in time.

there is a product called "auto vaccine" This stuff is the best I've seen for trades with smoked interiors. It will leave your interior smelling like a pool, but will eventually wear off without smoke residue

The vehicle is in Utah, but thanks for offering to let me use your equipment Doc.

He knows it won't totally go away, but I didnt know if there's a specific product that would help or if something weird like the apple would work. I don't think he would be inclined to replace the headliner though.

there is a product called "auto vaccine" This stuff is the best I've seen for trades with smoked interiors. It will leave your interior smelling like a pool, but will eventually wear off without smoke residue

Where can he get that?