Need a home inspector

Slimpsy1647545505

Hey all! I'm moving back to the civilized world! After living in Jackson for a year out in the woods with no internet but our phones . . .my wife and I have gone into contract on a home in Ashville, Oh in a great little Westport built subdivision.

We have 10 days to find a decent inspector and was hoping someone on here could either refer me or perhaps was an inspector.

The agent is of course recommending a few, but they seem a bit high dollar and I'd prefer to exhaust my own resources before going with people they work directly with.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Rick Harrington- Patch Independent Home Inspection

http://www.patchhomeinspections.com/

He is honestly like the Mike Holmes of Central Ohio. He is extremely thorough, makes sure to even note small things that don't really make a difference so that you have not only a full inspection report, but you also get a nice maintenance list. He drives a boom truck and will get on the whole roof without any complaint (some inspectors complain about roof pitch and so on)

Thanks for the recommendation LJ, I dropped him a message.

And I agree Rick, it's a small investment for the peace of mind. . . but I'd rather go with someone I can get a good referral on from here than someone who could potentially just have an agreement with a certain inspector regardless of quality of service.

Thanks for the recommendation LJ, I dropped him a message.

And I agree Rick, it's a small investment for the peace of mind. . . but I'd rather go with someone I can get a good referral on from here than someone who could potentially just have an agreement with a certain inspector regardless of quality of service.

He typically does his callbacks late evening, so you probably won't hear from him till about 8 tonight.

Did "Rick" perhaps move from Pickerington to Westerville in the last couple months? I met a "Rick" that does home inspections just down the street from our new house. This guy was really nice guy. I have seen a van in his driveway, but can't remember the company on it.

Did "Rick" perhaps move from Pickerington to Westerville in the last couple months? I met a "Rick" that does home inspections just down the street from our new house. This guy was really nice guy. I have seen a van in his driveway, but can't remember the company on it.

Yep, that's him.

Yes, his inspector van is intense.

While I'm thinking of it. . does anyone happen to have any opinion or information regarding Westport Homes as a builder? I can't seem to find a lot about them online and how they stand in regards to quality (or lack thereof) versus other builders in the area.

I work with a former Westport employee and he had nothing but good things to say about them. With any builder, I'm sure there are horror stories but you have to take the good with the bad.

Who are you financing with? I am a site sponsor and have some pretty attractive programs. Feel free to email me at mstock@usavingsbank.com for more information!

Thanks,

Marc