2013 Camaro 1LE: 426-hp, 1g cornering, under $40,000

Aaron

Other changes to optimize the 1LE for track-day use include:

Larger, 27-mm solid front stabilizer bar, and 28-mm solid rear stabilizer bar for improved body control

Higher-capacity rear-axle half shafts to cope with increased levels of traction

Strut tower brace for improved steering feel and response

ZL1-based 20 x 10-inch front and 20 x 11-inch aluminum wheels

285/35ZR20 Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires front and rear (identical to the front tires for ZL1)

ZL1 wheel bearings, toe links and rear shock mounts for improved on-track performance

ZL1 high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups for improved fuel delivery during high-cornering

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Mar/0327_camaro.html

Question is this, will it actually stand up to 30 min poundings on the track without having heat issues. FI cars make amazing numbers but are notorious for being one lap wonders.

Dare I say itd be better without the blower.

My very first thought was "Great, a REAL road race Camaro..." Then I saw it's still supercharged. I like it, but agree that it doesn't fit.

?????

For 2013, the 1LE package is offered only on 1SS and 2SS coupe models, featuring a 6.2L LS3 V-8, which is rated at 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb-ft of torque (569 Nm). In addition, 1LE is only available with a six-speed manual transmission.

Question is this, will it actually stand up to 30 min poundings on the track without having heat issues. FI cars make amazing numbers but are notorious for being one lap wonders.

It's not S/C, the same ol 426hp LS3?

My very first thought was "Great, a REAL road race Camaro..." Then I saw it's still supercharged. I like it, but agree that it doesn't fit.

ummm its a LS3

For 2013, the 1LE package is offered only on 1SS and 2SS coupe models, featuring a 6.2L LS3 V-8, which is rated at 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb-ft of torque (569 Nm). In addition, 1LE is only available with a six-speed manual transmission.

unless I missed it somewhere no SC.

Yeah, SC would be heat soaked in no time, especially that TVS on there, just ask Jones about IAT's with that stupid air to water cooler mounted on TOP of the engine within the SC housing.

This looks like a nice package, and considering the IRS, Brembos front and REAR(Hello Ford??) it should spank the Boss.

Yeah, SC would be heat soaked in no time, especially that TVS on there, just ask Jones about IAT's with that stupid air to water cooler mounted on TOP of the engine within the SC housing.

This looks like a nice package, and considering the IRS, Brembos front and REAR(Hello Ford??) it should spank the Boss.

You are aware they have a frount mounted heat exchanger?

You are aware they have a frount mounted heat exchanger?

+1

my cobra had a system that ran off the a/c to cool the IC fluid to 55 degrees. virtually no heat soak meant the car was pretty much set to 'rape-mode' constantly. i have no desire to road race a pony car, but this is a step in the right direction for gm

http://i.imgur.com/6e4Z9.jpg

Precisely, can't keep up with anything anymore at all. I have never been a fan of air-to-water anything, just one more thing to heat soak and leak. Like the TVS SC, it's a very efficient unit but it's flaw is the IC being built into the unit, I know why they did it that way but it's still a foolish way to package something like that, kind of like the top mount IC's on the Subies.

All in all looks like a nice package for this car to compete with the Boss, and considering Ford still won't put Brembos on the rear the Camaro already has a leg up imo.

The front mount really doesn't make it any more complicated. It does put the heat exchanger where it can be most efficient and is usually larger there so it has more volume and ability to deal with more heat.

it's flaw is the IC being built into the unit, I know why they did it that way but it's still a foolish way to package something like that, kind of like the top mount IC's on the Subies.

Curious how you expect to cool the air leaving the blower, heading into the intake otherwise?

Are you proposing OEM's all use external centrifugal blowers?

:dumb: