Sig 226?

Hahn

So after about the 4th or 5th time changing pistols, our unit has decided on a Sig Sauer P226 .40cal for our "deployment memories" piece. Theyre being offered at $400 and i know they run $800+ so i plan on getting one regardless and if i really dont like it then i can sell for profit. But i was just wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with the 226 or Sig in general and has any input on it. Theyre also offering conversion kits to 357, 9mm and 22 for a discount price but i dont know what that costs. Anyways, lets hear it.

I carried a sig p220(.45) and p226 in 9mm, and I owned a 226 in .40. Outstanding weapons, plenty of accessories, reliable, and Very accurate.

If you do buy one, buy the "aftermarket" mecgar mags. They are cheaper, have a slick surface, usually hold more, and work just as good. Mecgar makes the "factory" mags for sig that they sell with the 226's.

My only complaint is the trigger. I'm just not a da/sa, or DAK/DAO fan. But the da/sa configuration is the best IMO of the sigs. The trigger is smooth and has a very clean break. The 226 I had had the SRT trigger and I liked it much better than my 220 that had a regular trigger, which was a longer reset in single action.

Buy it, you won't regret it.

Thanks for the input fellas, looks like ill be putting in for one today. Not sure when we'll get them though. Hopefully by October. Ill let you know how i like it when i get it.

Ok so yet again my unit gave me the wrong info. Its not the P226 but rather its the P250F 45cal. After looking it up and seeing that it retails for $468 and is only being offered for $400, it doesnt seem worth it considering the deal isnt that great for a firearm i cant shoot first to see if i like it. Looks like ill just pick something else up when i get home next month.

Ok so yet again my unit gave me the wrong info. Its not the P226 but rather its the P250F 45cal. After looking it up and seeing that it retails for $468 and is only being offered for $400, it doesnt seem worth it considering the deal isnt that great for a firearm i cant shoot first to see if i like it. Looks like ill just pick something else up when i get home next month.

Ya f all that. The 250's are not worth $400 even IMO.

A glock or m&p would be much better pick up for a polymer gun in that pice range.

Ya f all that. The 250's are not worth $400 even IMO.

A glock or m&p would be much better pick up for a polymer gun in that pice range.

Yea i got an M&P9c. Just looking to add to the collection but not if thats the only deal for it. Ill probably end up going the 1911 route for the next pistol.