Vicarious car shopping

Miller

Or, another way to say it, is the Challenger is the only one that you CAN get with a manual.

From what I've seen that's an overpriced underperforming piece of steel too. I don't know why dodge thinks its worth 52k.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many miles a day will you be driving?

GCSRT8 would be fun if you live close to work. If you are driving 30-miles+ to/from work, forget about it on mileage...

You can get a brand new Mustang V6 with the Performance Package for around $25k. Six-speed and 30 mpg.

Agreed but they are closer to $21k with the rebates and shopping... ;)

I keep thinking how bad I want an 03 Cobra but I would feel like a bag of dicks putting that car through snow/salt. I really want one though.

That car will last all of a few seconds in the snow. You will regret that in the winter...

These threads always entertain me, everyone has their own preference on what best fits...it's cool for a variety of opinions and an entertaining thread but I always wonder how much of a benefit it really is to the OP.

In my opinion, E46 M3 is the best all around car in that price range that is manual, decent on gas, practicality to be a DD and a nice car all at the same time.

+1

They are great cars!

How many miles a day will you be driving?

GCSRT8 would be fun if you live close to work. If you are driving 30-miles+ to/from work, forget about it on mileage...

Agreed but they are closer to $21k with the rebates and shopping... ;)

That car will last all of a few seconds in the snow. You will regret that in the winter...

+1

They are great cars!

I'll be driving 12000 a year most likely. Anyone got any suggestions? I would like something newish and preferably with boost. I can't decide on anything right now! And I only got another week with my rental.

No category

Genesis - Too heavy

Camaro - Too ugly

brz - no

g35 - getting too old

ctsv - bad mileage

srt8's - bad mileage

maybe

legacy - not sold on styling

dart - underpowered

fr-s - underpowered

mustang v6/5.0 - hate interior but maybe

I've test drove a few times this week just can't make up my mind on anything. I will say I liked the Dart a lot, if it was available in srt now I would already have it home.

:|

I keep thinking how bad I want an 03 Cobra but I would feel like a bag of dicks putting that car through snow/salt. I really want one though.

Don't get an 03 to daily drive. It could be done in the snow, but even stock it would be a pain in the ass. The worthless traction control in those would keep you in one spot and with it off, the low end torque would make it interesting. Not something that I would choose to drive year round. There are a few reasons why I have two cars and that is one of them.

I'll be driving 12000 a year most likely. Anyone got any suggestions? I would like something newish and preferably with boost. I can't decide on anything right now! And I only got another week with my rental.

No category

Genesis - Too heavy

Camaro - Too ugly

brz - no

g35 - getting too old

ctsv - bad mileage

srt8's - bad mileage

maybe

legacy - not sold on styling

dart - underpowered

fr-s - underpowered

mustang v6/5.0 - hate interior but maybe

I've test drove a few times this week just can't make up my mind on anything. I will say I liked the Dart a lot, if it was available in srt now I would already have it home.

:|

VW Golf R32....AWD, perfect DD and winter car with plent of daily goodies!

All day long $18k-25k... http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=77304&endYear=2013&modelCode1=R32&startYear=1981&makeCode1=VOLKS&numRecords=25&searchRadius=0&showcaseOwnerId=3078621&Log=0

most people say buy beater for winter and nice fun car for summer but mehbuy a really nice slow comfy daily driver and buy a beater fun car to have fun with and work on. just my 2 cents. i love my slow ass boring accord, nice classy ish reliable to all hell, great mpg and right in your price range for brand new. hell the new accord 4 doors run semi good for a accord 0-60 mph 7.3 Quarter mile 15.8 .

or what about a coupe even quicker look semi good