Accelerated Performance has fixed the BRZ.

Draco-REX

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. In case it wasn't obvious, he's a little biased. He wasn't chosen for one of the First86 cars, and was denied when he asked to be in the press launch event. So he's a bit butthurt. He even quotes prices earlier in the article and then later says the Genesis R-Spec costs less. So take it with a grain of salt. Bad reviews for any car are a given, but some are just plain trolling.

My wife ordered a red 6 speed. More HP would be fun, but I am looking forward to driving a new car. For the price it is everything I wanted too. Lighter then a Genesis. Bigger then a Miata. More unique then a Mustang. My wife rented a mustang. She had 2 guys give her a "Thumbs up" while driving it, but she still did not want one. She said they are everywhere and boring. Look at all the excitement/controversy the BRZ makes in these threads alone.

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq342/xyster101/DSC_7237.jpg

Video of a dyno pull:

They're sticking with a mid-270hp tune for 93 pump gas. But they had it as high as 10psi without knock.

Final numbers: 278whp 251wtq. Crank HP is around 345hp.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-08-07_23-05-12_866.jpg

They will be doing street driveability tweaks from this point. Apparently, they are easing into the boost to keep driveline shock to a minimum or they could come into the power even quicker. Good stuff.

lol. In case it wasn't obvious, he's a little biased. He wasn't chosen for one of the First86 cars, and was denied when he asked to be in the press launch event. So he's a bit butthurt. He even quotes prices earlier in the article and then later says the Genesis R-Spec costs less. So take it with a grain of salt. Bad reviews for any car are a given, but some are just plain trolling.

Saw that review. He's caught a lot of slack for it. To each their own, I guess.

Is that on 8 psi? Have they done any pulls with their exhaust system on it?

The last report is that it does have the AP exhaust post-turbo. But it still has the stock manifold and primary cat.

Stock Motor

Stock Header

Turbo back exhaust

BRZ-300 Turbo Kit

EcuTek Flash

OMNI 4 bar Map Sensor

Again, they're interested in developing just the kit at the moment.

My wife ordered a red 6 speed. More HP would be fun, but I am looking forward to driving a new car. For the price it is everything I wanted too. Lighter then a Genesis. Bigger then a Miata. More unique then a Mustang. My wife rented a mustang. She had 2 guys give her a "Thumbs up" while driving it, but she still did not want one. She said they are everywhere and boring. Look at all the excitement/controversy the BRZ makes in these threads alone.

You were looking at buying a used $40k+ S5 and ended up with a BRZ... :lolguy:

At least financially you made a smart move... ;)

You were looking at buying a used $40k+ S5 and ended up with a BRZ... :lolguy:

We were. She liked the A5. I did not like the weight, slowness, or soft handling, but it was going to be her car. We drove a FR-S and she liked it, so we ordered one.

The A5 was about $33k used, the BRZ was around $31 with the options we choose ($1k for a rear diffuser, not sure if that is worth it) .

We were. She liked the A5. I did not like the weight, slowness, or soft handling, but it was going to be her car. We drove a FR-S and she liked it, so we ordered one.

The A5 was about $33k used, the BRZ was around $31k with the options we choose ($1k for a rear diffuser, not sure if that is worth it) .

Ouch, I take that back... :p

They used unicorn tears.

Although I didn't feel bad, as I don't get beaten by mini vans..:gabe:

If you actually paid 60K for your TT you are the dumbst individuals that I know. I don;t think you did though.... because 60K can buy you a GTR or a GT3 for a few bucks more.

If you actually paid 60K for your TT you are the dumbst individuals that I know. I don;t think you did though.... because 60K can buy you a GTR or a GT3 for a few bucks more.

68K to be exact...:fuckyeah:

2012 GT-R's are over 90k+

2012 GT3RS was 120k+

Comparing new to used is never a good idea my cigar smoking friend.

Just realized the unimaginably bad spelling and grammar used in this post.

You should probably sell the Lexus and pay for some schooling. :gabe:

Just realized the unimaginably bad spelling and grammar used in this post.

You should probably sell the Lexus and pay for some schooling. :gabe:

You drink 4 whiskeys first... then meet me out back for a spelling BEEEEEEE.

I did.

EDIT - also, I dont get paid to spellcheck on forums...