THE COLT v2.0

coltboostin

ultimate sleeper...I would never guess the thing would be fast if it wasn't for the slicks... usually first thing I look at the car.. tires, check for fuel system, and then inter cooler.. after that I be clueless.. ever thought about blacking out the IC?

Yes, but unfortunately anything I drive anymore is assumed to be fast. It's not a grudge race car, so there is not much point in hiding anything at this point. We did an AWD hatch that hid the intercooler-and has a stock 1.5 inch exhaust with a cut-out. Was as quiet as a stock Colt, but went 9's on Chinese street tires. Hilarius!

This car was just though together with crap I had laying around-so it is what it is-literally.

I know its a trek for u but I believe edgewater is running Sunday.

Thats a trek! I am trying to get into a rental at Thompson on Sunday. (NE OHIO 1/4 MILE track. We are lucky to have 4 1/4 milers tr4acks within an hour-so there is usually something going on somewhere...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep how do u like thompson. Starting jan I have a goo schedule where I'm not working 7 days a week spring to fall? Id love to hit one of these 8.90 class races.

Its a good track-nice and flat, prep is on par with Norwalk TnT. I think they spray the 1/4 for the Renegade class.

Well-we finally got to the track when it was not snowing-

First pass off the street-13.7@115. Boost is 100% not co-operating. Long story short-and 8 boost check passes later-I took all the electronic mumbojumbo off, and used a boost controller I build in 2002-NOW it holds boost mint! the hell... No I can tune-

First pass @24psi 11.6@130, lean up top, out of injector. Up the regulator and pull out the lap top-3 passes and one hot lap later, she went 10.8@140. 1.80 60 foot, on dry rotter 22inch slicks. 30psi, there is still a LOT left on the table, and it literally has 5 minutes worth of a tune. Drove to the track, and back home- so I am not complaining! I am still shocked this motor, and entire built has come together so well.

Thank to GrassRoots and Miguel for the help in the pits today. More to come when its warm again.

WTF lol, I now officially hate this car, yet secretly like it at the same time.

Just think of how much money you've dumped into your car and haven't even hit 10's yet ol JP tosses some junkyard/leftover parts on a stock colt and runs 10's for the lolz.

:lolguy:

Umm 17psi and pump gas 11.2 vs 30psi and 10.8....again, I don' feel that bad. BTW I have a stock trans as well minus the LSD. You're gonna have to try harder if you wanna troll me.

Like I said, I hate this car yet secretly like it. Nice work JP. If you had to guesstimate how much do you have wrapped up in this thing?

:fuckyeah:

Daddybuiltracing just getting shit on left n right.

I dont think so-different build-his car is working well and was built right- he just needs to turn the wick up. It's a lot easier for me to make magic at the track since I am the one tuning the car. I think SloMo does his tuning-if something is amiss then its hard to troubleshoot shit you have little control of.

Umm 17psi and pump gas 11.2 vs 30psi and 10.8....again, I don' feel that bad. BTW I have a stock trans as well minus the LSD. You're gonna have to try harder if you wanna troll me.

Like I said, I hate this car yet secretly like it. Nice work JP. If you had to guesstimate how much do you have wrapped up in this thing?

Thanks man. Yeah the car would really benefit form a diff and a real tire-I was on 22x8 6 year old slicks that were beyond sketchy. Wait till you see the pics...LOL I think I was 7.4@103 in the 8th. LOT of room for improvement there.

HONEST investment? Everything besides the turbo set up I had laying around-and through trades/part outs realistically I don't have $ in, just time. Even the shell was a trade!

But you can replicate it for 4k with ease, less depending on what kind of deals you get on the Shell/turbo/DSM link. And-you'd have to be able to build/tune the car yourself. I built the motor from good parts of old broken motors-all used. Zero machine work- hell I used the rings that were on the pistons! :lolguy:

The main bits-

Shell

Rebuild-able motor

used Pistons/Rods

Head-stock

Cheap 272 Cams

DSM harness/ECU/DSMlink

DSM stock FWD trans

China intercooler

Junkyard Audi Radiator

DYI pipes/exhaust

Old Venom Intake Manifold/stock TB

Used 780 or 880's (I honestly don't remember what they are-Temp injectors)

one used 255

The bling Shearer Manifold can be sub'd for a China T3, but I got a killer deal on it-about what you would buy a China T3 and Used PTE6262 for.

Throw in a set of rod bearings and a Gasket kit-and that's literally it. I can probably make the same power with mid 20's boost once I an on the dyno with speed density, and fuel for E85-but I am happy for the season.

But you can replicate it for 4k with ease, less depending on what kind of deals you get on the Shell/turbo/DSM link.....

That's just insane!!!!!!! 10 sec sleeper for 4k!! impressive!!!! I have that in my rpm lvl6 transmission alone... it's a shame there isn't much fast imports in these area's... do you have pic's/vid's of the car?

But you can replicate it for 4k with ease, less depending on what kind of deals you get on the Shell/turbo/DSM link.....

That's just insane!!!!!!! 10 sec sleeper for 4k!! impressive!!!! I have that in my rpm lvl6 transmission alone... it's a shame there isn't much fast imports in these area's... do you have pic's/vid's of the car?

Vids-waiting to see what people took at the track-I dont think anyone got the 10.8 b/c it was a hot lap-no one expected me to run it again LOL

Pics? Besides what is in this thread-not really.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/COLTslicks.jpg

On borrowed slicks form the CR track day-I prob' would have seen 10.5 or better if I had these tires Sunday LOL

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/2012-11-11_12-05-34_70.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/2012-09-28_10-42-24_531.jpg With old wheels on it-I dont have any with the 15inch Rota slips...

pretty damn clean for a thrown together spare parts car if you ask me. Any engine bay pics?

Shell was painted 2 years ago, and sat in a garage for 1.5 years getting pushed around.

Only one I have-guess I need to take some updateshttp://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/coltboostin/COLTv2008.jpg Stock turbo to make sure the running bits were good.

Steve Wilson and Chris Wright at Pro Car in Akron did the tuning this year on my car. I do need to turn the wick up, however since I blew the damn thing up its gonna be a minute before that happens haha.

4k to go 10s, who needs to spend 80k on a GTR?

As I am an inch away from pulling the trigger on a dirty cheap GTR :no: Salvage title....so I am waiting on the "research."

Different car though-really better in every way. BUT to me, it would be a nice DD, never a race car. The way I approach this hobby is just that- its just a hobby. I like going fast-and I am a cheap bastard. So my build usually follow suit.