Cheap base model GE washer and dryer

Smokey

These are the base model units that came with the condo my wife bought, they're about 6 years old. They each have their own issues, but are probably fixable for someone that cares to mess with them.

Washer: Works fine, but on the spin cycle it makes a LOT of noise when the barrel starts to spin. I'm guessing there's a bearing in it that needs replaced or something. Comes with basic water hose extensions for the hook ups for the water feeds.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z56/kutschca/For%20Sale/P8070347.jpg

Dryer: Everything works, except that when you put a heavy load in it then it makes a ratcheting noise like you're going up the hill on an old wooden roller coaster. Not as loud as the washer, but still pretty annoying. Comes with a 3-prong 220 plug, as I had to keep my old 4 prong for my new one.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z56/kutschca/For%20Sale/P8070346.jpg

$40 for the pair.

We have those exact same units. lol She's been wanting new ones, too. They both work, though, dammit! Think I may perform some seroius maintenance on them and see if I can change her mind. Our dryer is making some noise sometimes, too. I think if the drum is pulled, cleaned and reset - maybe check the belt - it'll be fine.

May be an easy fix for whoever buys them. Good luck. That's pretty cheap, people.

yeah, I figured it's probably an easy fix on the dryer, and likely just a bearing or easy part on the washer, I just have NO experience working on appliances. We got an offer from some friends to take their old base-model stuff off of them, so we made the switch because it was easier than dealing with fixing these.

The operation of actually washing and drying is perfectly fine on these, just the noises associated was the reason for replacing them.

My washer makes that same noise. Jesse let me know if/how you fix it.

I doubt I will try to fix it, as we only need the washer for about a month and a half while we are in between both places.

You can try to dig into it, I fixed our dryer last time, about 9 months ago with a $15 part. I thought it was the same problem this time so I got the same part, but it's also something else that I couldn't figure out/didn't have the time to figure out. I think it might be the coil which is much more than a used dryer. So you could tear it apart and try to figure it out, but you won't have a washer for a while and most parts are more than a cheap used washer.