How long do I wait to request my money back from Paypal?

dover

On AR15.com found an Eotech 552 I wanted. Negotiated down to $380 shipped for said item. Sent paypal on July 30, 2012 @ 11PM. Got a Pm the following day July 31, 2012 and was told it was shipped priority. Shipper is located in NC and has a trader rating on AR15.com of 63 so I figured he has to be trustworthy. Fast forward to today. Still nothing, spoke with seller via PM and he told him I still have yet to get this item. He told me USPS has said to wait till Friday or Saturday before they will "investigate" the issue. What the fuck. What do I do here. :dumb:

I saved all the PM's and what not. Shit just pisses me off that his cheap ass sent in priority and doesn't have a tracking number to provide.

No tracking number should have been a huge red-flag from the get-go. I'd file a claim immediately.

USPS doesn't do tracking numbers I believe. UPS and FedEx do as I personally use them, that's why I'm so heated.

Well I sent him a message that specified I will wait till Monday then file a report with Paypal and request my funds be returned. I expressed my displeasure in the fact he shipped a $400 item with out a damn tracking number. So we shall see how this goes. I'm fucking pissed. Guess this is fates way of telling me to buy a TA31 for it!

Paypal has a no guns policy, have fun talking to them

It's not a gun. And dover if possible do whatever you can call whoever possible to track it down if it really was shipped. Guy at work huge gun guy shipped some stuff out with a tracking number they delivered it to a abandon house and tried to say they delivered it to him. Needless to say a few people lost their jobs over that but everything was done correctly until the shady delivery people saw where it was being shipped from and tried to take it

usps uses delivery confirmation. IF he is unable to provide that then your guaranteed to get your money back. id file now.

They usually ask me if I want to add confirmation for a small fee. I always do it because I'm not a cheap ass, but I think it's optional.

Looks like I am fucked, still not here. USPS has no fucking idea where it is. I sent the money as gift. And paypal has told me to get fucked. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to NC.

oooh man I NEVER send it as a gift.

I thought you already had this optic on the rifle, whats this dudes name on ARFCom?

oooh man I NEVER send it as a gift.

I thought you already had this optic on the rifle, whats this dudes name on ARFCom?

Nope I have been sitting here waiting for it. His trader rating is 63 for fucks sake on there. I figured how difficult could it be, he even sent me a copy of the receipt. Name is: osha

Nope I have been sitting here waiting for it. His trader rating is 63 for fucks sake on there. I figured how difficult could it be, he even sent me a copy of the receipt. Name is: osha

Yeah, gift probably fucked you. I have been in this position myself though.

Push PayPal. Don't make threats, but escalate until you get what you need. Point out his trader rating, but in an ignorant "I didn't realize until after". Play dumb, but play hardball. The most ignorant beings on this planet rob large companies in the WRONG every day. I thInk it's fair to act the part when you're actually entitled to help, even if they are of the opinion that you can get fucked.

Did you pay with paypal balance or CC/Bank account? If you did, then call your bank or CC company and file a complaint and tell them that it was an unauthorized charge. But your paypal account will get banned though, but at least you can get your money back. If your paid with paypal balance, you are fucked.

I paid with my credit card and that isn't a bad idea. I think I will call PayPal customer service tomorrow and try reasoning and as Jason said play ignorant. I hardly think it's the physical guys fault other then being an idiot and shipping the package with out a tracking number. I think USPS is just fucking garbage.

He's right though. If it comes to that, a CC dispute almost always ends in the buyers favor. Even if there's massive evidence that the buyer is a scamming faggot.

Well at least now I know I have a last resort. Appreciate the information guys.

I paid with my credit card and that isn't a bad idea. I think I will call PayPal customer service tomorrow and try reasoning and as Jason said play ignorant. I hardly think it's the physical guys fault other then being an idiot and shipping the package with out a tracking number. I think USPS is just fucking garbage.

I wouldn't bother, I would just call your CC right away and play dumb and tell them the payment was unauthorized or the item you paid for never arrived. I would never mention the money was gifted at all. If you tell your CC company that you gifted the money to someone, you just lost that money. Paypal would never refund your money unless you told them that it was an unauthorized charge and you never made the gift payment and your account was hacked. If you are going to go with the payment for item that wasn't received, make sure you keep all documentation and PMs to prove that the payment was made not as a gift but as a payment for goods. Also, I don't see paypal would do anything. What are you going to say when you contact Paypal and say what? "I was trying to abuse/circumvent one of your paypal policies and now I want you to help me get my money back." lol

Also, next time you are buying optic, flashlight, nightvision goggles, anything that is not a firearm part, IE Magazine, upper receiver, slide, barrel, you can use regular paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/article/?currentIssueID=38957&m=SRE