Need a couple stumps ground down

Sparky

If you don't find anyone to do it cheaply, have you considered the "Stump-Out" chemical method? It takes a few weeks to work, but I had good results the one time I used it. I think I actually have an extra bottle of it around here somewhere, though i think it was only $8 or less.

http://www.gemplers.com/img/bonide-stump-out-160363.jpg

In the end there's alot less leftover pulp in the ground than we had with grinding. The ground where we had our big tree stump ground out always holds too much water. It has to be all that pulp mixed in with the soil. You basically drill some holes in the stump, fill with the chemicals and wait for it to turn all fibrous. Then you throw some Kerosene in the holes and burn it or use smoldering charcoal.

If you don't find anyone to do it cheaply, have you considered the "Stump-Out" chemical method? It takes a few weeks to work, but I had good results the one time I used it. I think I actually have an extra bottle of it around here somewhere, though i think it was only $8 or less.

In the end there's alot less leftover pulp in the ground than we had with grinding. The ground where we had our big tree stump ground out always holds too much water. It has to be all that pulp mixed in with the soil. You basically drill some holes in the stump, fill with the chemicals and wait for it to turn all fibrous. Then you throw some Kerosene in the holes and burn it or use smoldering charcoal.

does this stuff work the same way as salt? i thought i would give salt a try, i heard it worked. went to town on my stumps w a drill and a spade bit, and i havent seen results yet.

does this stuff work the same way as salt? i thought i would give salt a try, i heard it worked. went to town on my stumps w a drill and a spade bit, and i havent seen results yet.

My neigbor used salt on 2 of his a couple of years ago. Basically he just drilled holes and dumped a whole fucking bag of salt on each one. It took months to break down as much as this stuff did in 3-4 weeks. End result was similar, just took a while longer.

He probably spent about the same money on salt too, though I just remembered I had to spend an extra $7 on a long ass 1" spade bit.

:dumb:

I'm going to have to give this a try. I heard to use diesel fuel, but it's not doing shit.

I should add that when I cut down the one I used stump-out on, I cut it almost to ground level, leaving just enough to get the side holes drilled into it. You can probably cut it to damn-near ground level and dig around it for drilling side holes if you're up for some digging.

Less stump = less time, obviously.