Depression

SPL_Josh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife has been a counselor, social worker, and owned her own practice and has a lot of experience with helping depression. I am sure she would be more than willing to discuss your situation over some e-mails if you would like.

She won't cure you in a day, but I bet she can get you on your way.

Anything that would help is appreciated.

+1 on exercise. It releases chemicals in your body including serotonin which helps regulate how you feel. I have always struggled with mild depression. I take a natural supplement called Sam-E. it's sold otc and you can buy it in bulk at Cosco. It's nothing crazy or as heavy as adderall but it helps take the edge off.

Also changing your inner monologue will help. When you start thinking you have failed or something is not worth doing, try thinking about yourself or your task from someone else's point of view. Basically if you think say to yourself "I suck because I can't make 100k a year" try saying "I'm succeeding because my bills are paid and there's food in my belly". Good luck.

It's threads like this that make me sad panda.

This wasn't a troll thread made in the kitchen.

It was a genuine thread asking for help that turned into a few people throwing fecal matter around.

rare moment.. I agree with Jones. Depression isnt something to dick around and be jerks about.

I struggled with it very badly about 4 years ago. I ended up trying to take my life.

Depression not something to mess around with, it can get pretty serious pretty quick. Between a mix of anti depressants and counseling I got myself back on track. The counseling helped tremendously, nice to just have an unbiased person to talk too.

Depression is nothing to toy with, I have been fighting it hard for almost 4 years. Its a tough road to hoe but there is a light at the end of the tunnel (most days). After 4 years all I can say is keep trucking along it will get better in time. The only reason I can even say that is several medications and many sessions with mental health professionals.

I suffer from PTSD and your not alone, as you can see there are some people on here that are dealing with the same stuff. There are people here if you wanna talk and I would be more than welcome to sit down and open up if that would help. I fought med's for a long time because I didn't wanna resort to them. I had professional help and ended up taking med's and has helped a lot.

At times I've read a lot into depression and possible treatments, from what I can tell meds don't sound like a good road to go down. For me its hobbies, if I don't keep pushing myself with insane projects, hobbies, etc I get really bad.

i suffer from depression on and off. I exercise regularly and eat healthy, and I have a successful life in education and career so it more then that.

Depression can come from a lack of something you feel you are missing in your life, or something that means a lot to you.

most my depression comes from the woman in my life as I make the mistake of trusting them. and I harbor a lot of pain from when they have betrayed me.

sex can curb it for me, but its more of the emotional connection when things are going good that gets rid of it completely.

i would search out what you feel that you are missing in life and see if it is possible to obtain it.

I don't suffer from depression anymore but for the longest time i did. I ended up having a few tests done and found out that part of my brain damage has caused me to have pretty deep/black thoughts. I was prescribed an over the counter vitamin and it has helped greatly.

name of magic vitamin?

I'm not doctor, but he probably has some vitamin deficiency for some reason that came out in his testing and it has an effect on his chemical balance. I would imagine it may very well be specific to his situation, especially considering his relatively rare physical condition (brain damage).

I'm not doctor, but he probably has some vitamin deficiency for some reason that came out in his testing and it has an effect on his chemical balance. I would imagine it may very well be specific to his situation, especially considering his relatively rare physical condition (brain damage).

Correct, although the over the counter was sam-e.

Just an FYI you nice folks ran the OP off the site so there is really no reason to keep replying....

Im sure there's someone else on here that knows Josh, tell him to come back and read this thread.

Mental Health is simply something you don't fuck with. I've battled Depression, PTSD, ADHD,and Bi-Polar disorder for years (not to mention all my family's mental health issues, then to top it off my Fathers stage-3 cancer which nearly cost him his life). I pity the fool who gives me shit.

I know im rather new here but I firmly believe "we" are a really good group of guys.

Drama has a time and a place and IMO is best suited for lulz in the kitchen, not for knocking a fellow man when he's obviously down. :nono:

That is all.

Edited by acklac7