IIHS new offset crash test of entry level luxury sedans...

Aaron

The first few cars the dummy essentially bypassed the air bag and looks like they hit the dash, that Lincoln was appaling. The Benz and Volvo clearly held up quite well.

I agree with this being a legit test, most accidents are not likely 2 cars going perectly head on, that probably almost never happens and from what I've seen on the road for 8 years now most accidents the cars are not perfectly head on or perpendicular to each other, usually in between.

I do like the comment on being better drivers, that alone could reduce the accident/fatality rate considerably.

The regular offset was a 50/50 offset, meaning they put a line down the middle of the hood of one car to line the driver side of the other car up with.

The new one is just less contact, basically around the headlight area, so the impact is much worse.

I'd like to see the vids on all the "regular" cars.

The regular offset was a 50/50 offset, meaning they put a line down the middle of the hood of one car to line the driver side of the other car up with.

The new one is just less contact, basically around the headlight area, so the impact is much worse.

I'd like to see the vids on all the "regular" cars.

Yeah, basically with the new test none of the impact is absorbed through the engine block, but must be dissapated through the fender and shock tower area. It looks like concentrating that much force down the side of the vehicle causes the A pillar to buckle pretty easily too.

You guys can claim we need better drivers all you want, but accidents like this will still happen. You can be a pretty damn good driver and still have this type of accident, and would probably be much more likely to have an accident of this nature than any of the other frontal impact tests.

Yeah, basically with the new test none of the impact is absorbed through the engine block, but must be dissapated through the fender and shock tower area. It looks like concentrating that much force down the side of the vehicle causes the A pillar to buckle pretty easily too.

You guys can claim we need better drivers all you want, but accidents like this will still happen. You can be a pretty damn good driver and still have this type of accident, and would probably be much more likely to have an accident of this nature than any of the other frontal impact tests.

AWWWWWWWW Horse shit. I blame the Somalians.

:gabe::gabe::gabe::gabe::gabe::gabe::gabe::gabe: