FS: HID Relay Harness

mseebs

I have a brand new HID Relay harness for sale. Bought two off a guy on another forum and don't need this one.

The harness is from ZZPerformance.

Doesn't come in a box or anything or with instructions, though install is pretty straight forward.

Asking $20.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/228459_3622362884420_1352532884_n.jpg

Located in Lancaster Ohio, can also meet at Home Depot on Friday/Saturday nights.

What type bulbs is it for? or are these universal?

I'm pretty sure these are universal. Though their is only 2 hook ups for bulbs, so if you have a separate HID bulb for low beams and high beams, you would only be able to use it for one of them.

You been a hid ballast and bulb to make them work with that harness

Yes these are for Hids only.

Basically, when Hids turn on, they take a lot of power, more then a typical cars relay can handle. This hooks them to the battery so less power is used. Helps stop Hids from frying wires or the typical 'flicker' hid effect.

????? Hids need a ballast to work not just this wire you are selling so you still need 2 more parts

This is just a wiring harness to the ballast then that plugs in the bulb

No shit. These aren't Hids. This is a relay harness, most Hids don't come with a relay harness. This is NOT the wire that connects the bulbs and ballasts. This is an additional wire.

Why do I need a relay harness?

Some vehicles might be able to power up HID systems normally without problems at install time. It will probably not last long. The inrush load can be up to max 13 amps per ballast, compared to 7amps inrush when using halogen. The factory design parameters for headlight circuits are 7 amps inrush and 4.5 amps continuous load. So over time, connectors, multifunction switch, headlight switch, wiring and fuse holders will slowly degrade, because of heat buildup. These components are very time consuming to troubleshoot because they are usually well hidden behind dashboards and other wiring looms. Parts can cost several hundred dollars and add 8h labor to that and it becomes obvious that a $25 wiring harness is a cheap insurance.

That's what a relay does. It's added protection so your Hids don't eff shit up.

More info.

http://v-ledsblog.com/2010/10/19/why-should-i-use-a-relay-harness-with-my-hid-kit/

Edited by Seebs