IT Guru's: Two Seperate Wireless networks?

TTQ B4U

With the kids in school, I'm looking to set them up with their own computer but I am looking to set them up on a separate network from the rest of our PC's. What is needed to do so?

I have an Asus Wireless N router that allow for 2.4 and 5ghz and can run them separately but what I need is some type of firewall or something that would absolutely shield my Photo Editing PC from the kids should in fact the contract a virus or spyware. My Photo PC is hardwired to the ASUS router not wireless. My photo editing machine does not need access to the others. I'd like their set up to be wireless as well.

What's the best way to set this up or is it possible? Keep it simple as while I'm technical I'm not an expert.

Thanks!

Keep it simple as while I'm technical I'm not an expert.

:dumb: My heads from all the reading. I'll have one of the IT guru's at work stop by and get it going. I have another Wireless G router if needed.

Thanks.

Exactly, get them a flavor of Linux, and never have to fix their machine ever.

I'm not at all familar with Linux. I'm a simply guy, turn PC on, have it work every time, not have to be an IT expert doing so. I have a fair share of software and am not sure it's Linux compatible. :confused:

I have a fair share of software and am not sure it's Linux compatible. :confused:

It's not...usually. :)

There is a free alternative to pretty much everything for *nix though. Mint also has a dead easy install. Burn to disk. Boot from disk. Click install. Intuitive interface, has same web browsers (minus god awful IE) and will do everything + more that windows will do out of the box. If you set your kids up with user accounts as opposed to administrator, they can't damage anything.

Also, remote administration is stupid easy.

I'm not at all familar with Linux. I'm a simply guy, turn PC on, have it work every time, not have to be an IT expert doing so. I have a fair share of software and am not sure it's Linux compatible. :confused:

Your software doesn't matter as we are talking about the kids' machine. Ubuntu is as easy as it gets. Download it, burn it to a CD/DVD/USB drive, put it in and follow the prompts. Never worry about viruses and spyware because it is literally impossible for (most) viruses to run on Linux.

http://www.ubuntu.com/