1986 Zip Bandit Superkart (125cc 6 speed)

craig71188

I am starting to liquidate some kart inventory to pursue a new project - first up is my 125cc Superkart. Shifter karts & vintage karts to follow later....

CL text below w/link to photos:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rvs/3247421064.html

Zip Banit 1 Superkart circa 1986 (Brief history of the kart as it was supplied to me below):

This is originally a Zip Bandit kart which had a one-piece body. It was purchased from Franklin Motorsports by Don Hupp for his daughter Donna in 1986 and I bought the kart in 1988. I sold

the kart to Brad Hunt, I believe around 2003 and as Robert Lawson mentioned, he built a newer and more attractive body for the kart. Later on, Brad traded the kart to Harry West and was eventually sold

to a farmer.

I purchased the kart from "the farmer" and have gone through most of it (no major issues, cleaning, some bodywork fixes, etc). The kart has a Rotax 128 motor (125cc w/6 speed gearbox). Included with the kart are a spare set of wheels w/slicks, a spare set of wheels w/rain tires and a starter (stand is not included).

The kart will need rear brake pads and should have the brakes bled/flushed (although they are in working order), the hand clutch will need to be remounted where it is comfortable for the new owner. The three outdoor photos show the kart as I purchased it (body off) an dthe two "indoor" shots show the kart as it currently sits.

Asking $2500

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...