iOS6 thoughts, and observations

SpaceGhost

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The do not disturb feature is going to be my new favorite setting, as it was annoying to have your screen to come on and make noise all night long anytime a notification would be sent to the phone.

Yes, I imagine it would have been tough or illogical to flip the phone over so the light isn't cast where it would annoy you.

Yes, I imagine it would have been tough or illogical to flip the phone over so the light isn't cast where it would annoy you.

I use mine as an alarm clock so it's on my bed stand and when an a notification comes up it will not only wake the phone and display said notification, but it plays a sound.

Before DND it wasn't easy to deal with it all. You'd have to own one and use it at night to understanding....

So far I like the Map app better, it knows where our new house is and Google's didn't. The map satellite pic is a more recent pic then what Goole had on the iPhone.

The Facebook integration is nice and fast.

Stupid I had to download the YouTube app as Apple deleted it as a stock app.

Updating apps is easier now you don't have to enter your password.

The do not disturb feature is going to be my new favorite setting, as it was annoying to have your screen to come on and make noise all night long anytime a notification would be sent to the phone.

Very cool I can ask Siri scores of games and get an answer along with a graphic.

Anything you all have noticed?

Real Quick, did you buy an iPhone 5 or download it to your 4/4s? How long did the download take? Ive heard stories that it can take like a day or two. After you downloaded it did you lose all the apps your already had on your phone?

Real Quick, did you buy an iPhone 5 or download it to your 4/4s? How long did the download take? Ive heard stories that it can take like a day or two. After you downloaded it did you lose all the apps your already had on your phone?

I don't understand why this is so difficult for people.

BACK UP YOUR PHONE COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU UPDATE.

iTunes will sync all of your apps, data, and contacts.

It also uses a bunch of battery if the screen comes on for 1 min for every notification. And if you forget to silence your phone you get woke up by the sound of the notification. I found where you can schedule do not disturb and now my phone automatically does it during the time I selected.

I have a 4s, I downloaded and installed it right on my phone. The only app I lost was YouTube because Apple decided to not make it a "stock app". It took about an hour to download and install. Apples servers are pretty busy with everyone updating iOS 6 and Osx 10.8.2. You should not lose your apps when updating.

Took mine about 45 minutes yesterday around 4pm. Didn't lose any apps except for YouTube, but I already had the new YT app. Overall its been pretty good. It will keep me happy until the iphone 5s comes out and I can upgrade.

Can we keep other phones out of this since the title is "iOS6 thoughts", not "iOS6 thoughts and android thoughts":dumb:

I've got the iPhone 5 on order for work but I downloaded iOS6 in the meantime.

My iPhone 4S took 4 minutes to download and about 10 for the complete upgrade. My iPad2 took 5 minutes to download and about the same to complete. I did the upgrade at 1:30 yesterday.

Havent back my phone up since 8/24/12 and i still had everything there, i had to delete like 700 pics to make room for it haha.

I really like when you get a call slide the phone up and you can make pre set texts to send to people. For instance "Im a work i'll call you on break" Or "Whats up cant talk right now" Mine says, "Im busy and cant answer so go eat a dick" Lmao

But all around i love it! Pumped for my 5

I don't understand why this is so difficult for people.

BACK UP YOUR PHONE COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU UPDATE.

iTunes will sync all of your apps, data, and contacts.

Yeah I don't understand either. You just have to make sure that you find your iPhone cable, plug it into your computer that has iTunes loaded, but make sure it's the computer that you've been using all along because if you try to do it on a different computer your shit will probably get jacked up. Once you've plugged your phone in, run iTunes which will then download the new OS, do a backup of all your apps, songs, contacts, etc and install the new OS...2 hours later, done.

:dumb:

Glad they removed the "password required to install apps" feature, that shit was annoying.

Even though I cancelled my order and got refunded my money, I got an 2 emails today from AT&T telling me that they had shipped my phone, with a tracking number and everything....allegedly its being over nighted, so we will find out tomorrow if I got a free iPhone 5. LMAO

I haven't upgraded to iOS 6 based solely on that. Don't worry, I'll contact someone when I get it. I was planning on buying one anyway.

Yeah I don't understand either. You just have to make sure that you find your iPhone cable, plug it into your computer that has iTunes loaded, but make sure it's the computer that you've been using all along because if you try to do it on a different computer your shit will probably get jacked up. Once you've plugged your phone in, run iTunes which will then download the new OS, do a backup of all your apps, songs, contacts, etc and install the new OS...2 hours later, done.

it's Called the Cloud.....

:dumb:

Glad they removed the "password required to install apps" feature, that shit was annoying.

It's called the cloud...

And yes the password shit was hell lol

Even though I cancelled my order and got refunded my money, I got an 2 emails today from AT&T telling me that they had shipped my phone, with a tracking number and everything....allegedly its being over nighted, so we will find out tomorrow if I got a free iPhone 5. LMAO

I haven't upgraded to iOS 6 based solely on that. Don't worry, I'll contact someone when I get it. I was planning on buying one anyway.

WORD?? Thats dope!!! lol

And technically they werent suppose to charge your card until delivery anyways...at least thats what the site says