Cuban coffee

Sully

Anyone know where to get some cuban coffee locally?

At my old job, when they would send me to Miami for a week, that's the only way I could pull off 20 hour workdays for 7 days straight. Sure would like to pick some up here, if possible.

you will not find a local seller of Cuban coffe... it is illegal to acquire cuban-made products in america.

That being said.. these guys ship to the US.

http://store.dutyfreecubancigars.com/BUY-CUBAN-COFFEE.html

:confused: Then why are there stores in Miami where they openly sell to the public. You can pick it up or have it delivered.

Whats the difference of cuban? Higher caffeine? Just get a red or black eye coffee.

I forget the ratio, but like a small shot (think 1/2 size of a shot glass) is like a full cup of regular coffee. Plus it has a much different flavor. Very yummy.

I dont think you can get cuban beans do to trade agreements but Cafe Brioso will make what I think they call a "café cubano" which is prepared in the traditional miami way; espresso whisked with brown sugar to form a paste and then more espresso is added to that. the pasty sugar-coffee mixes with the crema of the espresso.

Some cubans make it con leche with evaporated milk for extra sweetness.

f

Even in Miami I think it's still just Cuban "style" not genuine cuban coffee. Just like half the "cuban" cigars you canbuy online.

Bottom line it's the style you're looking for, I know exactly what you're taking about and I've yet to find anywhere up here that serves a cup that's really like you can get it in Miami or elsewhere in the world. Plaintain cafe is as close as you're going to get but it's not worth the trip just for the coffee cause you'll be let down, food is pretty awesome though.

We bring back a crap ton of Coffee from Puerto Rico every time we visit, brought back some from Mexico last time we were there that was pretty awesome as well.

I'm Puerto Rican and I have some coffee here but it's not Puerto Rican coffee. :dumb:

Seriously, though, I want some PR coffee... I would prefer to pick it up from Puerto Rico myself, but oh well. If anyone turns up with some extra, I wouldn't mind a shot at it. Or really any coffee for that matter. I'm always down to try some new beans.

I too would be interested in this. I had this stuff at several cuban cafes in the keys and it is quite good. I generally drink my "american" coffee black most of the time, but the flavor of this stuff was actually good and not too sweet or weak. Quite strong actually, as mentioned.