Pocket pistol discussion.

AC66Bronco

I have been spending A LOT of time at the local range as of late and I believe I have narrowed down my main carry piece. HK P2000SK 9mm. For those that want to know why

1 I am left handed

2 I am already familiar with the guns

However I am also looking at picking up a pocket pistol for the times I just want to throw something in my pocket and run to the store or concealment is a big issue.

I have shot my friends LCP and it is a nice gun however I do have a few complaints. I would rather try to keep for now all guns in the same round and the lcp is .380.

I have also been thinking about an LC9 or the Beretta NANO

I realize they are dimensionaly larger guns than the LCP but do any of you guys have any experience with them?

LC9 is NOT a pocket pistol. Unless you are a giant and wear giant pants, LC9 is not a good option. Unfortunately, i cannot recommend anything else as i have no experience with any other compact.

lcp or the p3at would both be good pocket pistols

for comparison: lcp vs lc9

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/RugerLC9-RugerLCPcomparison-1.jpg

for comparison: lcp vs p3at

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/LCP-Kel-TecP3ATcomparisonchart-1.jpg

I have carried my wifes S&W .38spl in the pocket of my jeans, shorts, and even gym shorts with no problems at all. Totally reliable and super light weight. Doesn't help you though if you're looking for a 9.

I have carried a buddies LC9 in my jeans pocket and I don't (nor have I ever) rocked JNCO Mammoths. It's not that bad.

Keltec pf9. Very light 9mm and very accurate for what it is. Works great in a vest pocket, IWB holster or pocket. Plus it's under $300.

My buddies PF9 had to get sent back to Kel Tec. It would fire the first shot and not feed the next round. You had to rack the slide after each shot.

Tested with multiple magazines and multiple manufactures ammo in different grains.

I hear they do have a great warranty service though.

sig p238

one of the best guns i have ever shot.

+1, they are great guns and they are excellent carry options with factory nite sites and the way that the safety works. Ramsey - Glad that you like it.

The p238 I had was right hand control only. I have seen reviews from left handed shooters that say it is not hard to operate lefty. Although, per Sigs website, you can get the p238 SAS with an ambi safety. It shot well for such a small gun, with a DeSantis pocket holster it is incredibly concealable. Only reason I got rid of it was for a M&P 40c, after shooting a friends.

I will say that the p290 looks like it would be a great option as well.

My buddies PF9 had to get sent back to Kel Tec. It would fire the first shot and not feed the next round. You had to rack the slide after each shot.

Tested with multiple magazines and multiple manufactures ammo in different grains.

I hear they do have a great warranty service

Ive been lucky and mine eats anything. The only thing it didn't like was some old ranger hp ammo with a wide cone. It jammed. But hornaday critical defense, various sjhp and hard ball all shoots fine.

sig p238

This!

My wife has been trying to find the right gun to carry so we have shot quite a few small carry pistols in the last few weeks and this gun is very nice. It also is what she has decided on but i'm having a little bit of a rough time finding one of the titanium rainbow ones as that is the one she wants.