Aeration Recommendations

mrs.cos

Plant in the fall and you want good soil contact, a slit (brillion) seeder is the best. then you gotta water the crap out of it.

Agree with above. I did all my slice seeding 2 weeks ago and it is coming up nicely now. For seed try to find a 50/50 Rye/Bluegrass mixture seed. The Rye will come up in 7-10 days and the Bluegrass will take many weeks. You can also do an aeration and over seeding with starter fertilizer. Now is the time to do it. I don't own either one and always rent them for the day after I round up all my jobs. Best place to rent a slice seeder is Zettlers in Powell and Zettlers on Kenny Rd has a real nice aerator that looks brand new and works nice.

the cost to pay someone to do it is and less hassle is worht the 50-60 bucks it should take a small company to do it..

Definitely true. Now if you had a large yard and a truck I would say rent it. Also who ever does you aeration make sure they take there time and cover all areas. I have seen some aeration jobs that look like they skipped areas and could hardly see any plugs.

nathans dad was Ohio Turfgrass man of the year and president of the Ohio Turgrass association for many many moons.. We know grass.

we usually do most of the work ourselves based on his dads chemical suggestions, but he didnt want to do this.