Computer Shutting Off

87GT

Trying to track down the issue with my computer. It used to bluescreen randomly. I fixed this by installing a different SSD. I guess the previous one had know issues in win7 home edition (120GB corsair force series 3 F120). Now it just seems to turn off when playing certain games after so many minutes. It is all random and I can't reproduce it. Everything in my PC I bought at the same time as new parts. I also have a few older physical data SATA drives from previous computer build.

So far I replaced the hard drive with the new one and replaced the PSU under warranty for the same exact one. I've been logging my CPU and GPU temps. CPU idles around 30C GPU 60C. If I play a game CPU maxes at 55C and GPU maxes at 110C. GPU average is around 95C. I've used NVIDA's control panel app and forced my GPU fan to run at 100%. This seems to help and brings the temps down a little bit but still turns off randomly. Newest drivers for all of my hardware are installed.

Is the GPU just running too hot or something else causing it to shut off?

Specs

Win7 Home Premium

Intel i7-2600 Liquid cooled 120mm fan.

8GB Corsair DDR-3-1600

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard

850 Watt Thermaltake TR2 W0319RU

60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD (operation system)

1TB SATA

1.5TB SATA

2TB SATA

I had my ram overclocked. I started having random unexplained blue screens. So I reset everything to default. Problem went away. 3 months later started having random blue screens again. One of sticks of ram had went bad.

Ran mem test multiple times could never duplicate the problem until I finally black screened on launch and pulled a stick of ram to see if one had went bad.

I would say ram related. Thats my guess.

if it completely shuts down it sounds like a power supply issue, does it actually shut down instantly or black screen and stay on?. also make sure you don't have your settings in the bios set for the cpu to shut down at to low of a temp. also do you have your windows activated or is the back of your screen black, because if it's not activated it will shut down every 2 hours.you probably have tested all of this considering the computer parts you have. if you get it back running again if you need help ocing your computer im a master at it :-P btw nvidia cards runs at 90s when you game thats why i went with dual 6970s watercooled :-)

it could be a few other things but its allot easier for me to be there lol

if it completely shuts down it sounds like a power supply issue, does it actually shut down instantly or black screen and stay on?. also make sure you don't have your settings in the bios set for the cpu to shut down at to low of a temp. also do you have your windows activated or is the back of your screen black, because if it's not activated it will shut down every 2 hours.you probably have tested all of this considering the computer parts you have. if you get it back running again if you need help ocing your computer im a master at it :-P btw nvidia cards runs at 90s when you game thats why i went with dual 6970s watercooled :-)

it could be a few other things but its allot easier for me to be there lol

It completely shuts off the computer for 2 seconds. Then it will auto power on and load windows. I am using a paid version of windows it isn't pirated.

Ram voltage at least 1.65?

+1 Sounds like its demanding power and shutting off due to not having it. May not be overheating but try running your ram at Cas 2 and turning the timings up to see if the problem follows. Also if your running multiple sticks take one out and run with one and the other and see if its produced.

110 is to hot for that card, it should get 90 max. That shouldnt be your problem if its rebooting. When a video card gets to hot you either see particles or a black screen but your computer will stay on and your can hear sound. Try opening your case and putting a fan next to it,watch your temp on your gpu and cpu if you have a g15 keyboard. If your still having problems and live close to me i could always come over and check it out for you,let me know. GL