No CCW needed for conceal carry in car in TX

RC K9

Just found out that in the state of TX, you do NOT need a CHL/CCW to carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle as long as it remains concealed. :megusta:

Finally, one thing I like about TX to combat the 100 things I hate.

If you don't have CCW it must remain in the car. Since I don't have my CCW here yet, its no biggie as I just commute between here and work and work is private property so I can have it on me at all times.

Takes forever to actually receive you CCW here though. Like 3+ weeks. My brother has been waiting 6wks and still doesn't have his. Had it when he lived in WA and OH within 3 days...

Takes a long time to cross Texas on horseback. :p

There's a sizable chance of my gf and I having to move back there next year for work. Told myself I'd never go back. lol Guess I'll try focusing on the positives, at least, of which there are a few.

I would advise you to avoid this state like the plague. Takes alomost everything in me to grin and bare this place.

No CCW Permit at all in Alaska - car, open, concealed...we all carry. All you need is to be a resident, with an AK Drivers License, and not a felon.

Come move to AK

I knew that about Alaska. I don't know I would want to live there permenantly, but I certainly want to visit sometime and I could see myself wanting to live there for a couple years, or maybe have a cottage along a small trout stream somewhere out there I could go to a couple times a year.

I would advise you to avoid this state like the plague. Takes alomost everything in me to grin and bare this place.

I knew that about Alaska. I don't know I would want to live there permenantly, but I certainly want to visit sometime and I could see myself wanting to live there for a couple years, or maybe have a cottage along a small trout stream somewhere out there I could go to a couple times a year.

Live here permanently. You get money to live here man....

short list of where I'm moving after the air force 1) Alaska 2) Texas 3) Not Delaware

The Texas no-open-carry law is a hangover from the civil war, I guess bills have been written to overturn it but never made it to the floor...one day.

pretty shitty, costs almost $500 all said and done. Have to write a letter to the justice dept stating your reason for needing to carry, need five references, standard background check, gun course, and need to post all your info (name, address and phone number) in the paper stating your request to get a CCW. then you still gotta wait up to 3 months to get the license.

When that is all said and done, its a may issue state, so the judge could still deny your license without a reason.

I'm not even bothering while im here