520whp @ 20psi Stock block BRZ motor

thorne

WOW

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19206

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/fullblown2k/3C894042-C4CE-4EB4-8050-EAFF8F9B7577-1538-00000147DBDD6E4C.jpg

when will the insanity stop? WOW 520whp

Car has over 150 dyno runs from testing a bunch of stuff. I would say roughly..

50 runs @ 250-300hp

50 @ 300-380hp

30 @ 420-450hp

20 @ 480 - 520hp

This is just a guesstimate but, we haven't been nice to this car that's for sure.

There are about 4 kits out now for this car. I think for the most part there's an option for everybody power wise. I'm more impressed that the car is holding up to this level of abuse. 500whp was my guestimated break point.

why not just get a c6

I said that a few months ago on here...

And dont tell me for the new car warranty because good luck getting a powertrain warranty after slapping a turbo kit on the engine. :dumb:

So then they will say "because it is more rare!!!" Yea, good luck with that as these things start rolling out in masses.

Then comes the "well its a "drivers car"" If the driver wants to go slower in any form of race than a c6, sure.

And not sure what comes after that.

But then again, they are nice cars, a good market replacement for the Miata and much improved over the Celica.

And dont tell me for the new car warranty because good luck getting a powertrain warranty after slapping a turbo kit on the engine. :dumb:

So then they will say "because it is more rare!!!" Yea, good luck with that as these things start rolling out in masses.

Then comes the "well its a "drivers car"" If the driver wants to go slower in any form of race than a c6, sure.

But then again, they are nice cars, a good market replacement for the Miata and much improved over the Celica.

The real issue is since its a new car there's no used market. Once the used market comes out I'd expect you could pick one of these up for 15k or less.

At this point I agree with you. These turbos are way too big for good transitional response. At this power/handling/price combination a Z06 might be a better choice.

But, at this level of modding, it usually isn't about getting the best base car for the job. It's more about seeing what can be done with a specific car. It's like FWD drag racers. Absolutely the worst choice of car for the application, but a lot of people like to see what they can do with the platform.

As for the Car in the OP, Full Blown has just run it on a dyno. Putting a full load on the car on a track may cause it to finally pop. Noone's sure. The only thing that's sure is that AP's BRZ is still holding up to 20-22lbs of boost on a near daily basis.

After SEMA, Don has said he's going to go "Beast" mode on his BRZ. I think he's going to TRY and pop it so he can start building an engine. We'll see what happens.

BTW, this is what's holding all that cylinder pressure in:

392221_10151154554439245_915528688_n.jpg

Any luck selling your $28k C5 vette yet?

I havent ever even bumped it, other than replying hte first week I put hte feelers out... as i said, I was in no 'need' to sell... I had eleventy billion trade offers, and a guy offer $24k.... still sitting in the parking lot of work right now, ready to roast your asshole if you want to race?

He's too busy spraying on Cobalts. :lolguy:

Race? I will race you on motor... hell I will pull 2 spark plugs to make it more even.... :gabe:

I havent ever even bumped it, other than replying hte first week I put hte feelers out... as i said, I was in no 'need' to sell... I had eleventy billion trade offers, and a guy offer $24k.... still sitting in the parking lot of work right now, ready to roast your asshole if you want to race?

Race? I will race you on motor... hell I will pull 2 spark plugs to make it more even.... :gabe:

hell ill take that race for fun lol.

it is impressive that the motor is holding up to that, i will give it that.

but then again, i know others have said just buy a C6 and spank its ass in all aspects, but honestly, with that kind of power, i cant see that car being good for anything else but going in a strait line or drifting. Either way, pick up an LS1 f-body for 10k, add heads/cam/bolt ons as well possibly a turbo kit for around the price you could buy a BRZ for, and just turn it into a rape session.