light but thermal sports shirt

evan9381

Any suggestions? As it gets cooler out, cycling in the mornings at ~20mph when its 50-55 degrees out can be a bit chilly. Id like to find something light weight, but warm...ideally something i can shed, fold up small, and carry in my back jersey pocket for the rest of the day...that, or something i can wear all day thatll keep me warm, but not too hot once the sun gets up a little more. I have a long sleeve under armour type shirt that I wear under my jersey, but it's still just a little too light in the morning

Anything like this exist? Suggestions?

you're looking for a windbreaker; a lot of cycling and running apparel co's make them. I have a Pearl Izumi softshell that i wear in the same configuration youre talking about.

take your pick

http://www.pearlizumi.com/publish/content/pi_2010/us/en/index/products/men/ride/apparel/6.html

the soft shell i have fits in the back of my jersey and folds up to a size smaller than a sandwich ziplock bag.

Im gonna have to find something soon. ~36 degree start at 8am was rough. Jacket, and something over my ears...and some gloves w/ full fingers. My summer fingerless gloves did not cut it today. On a positive note, i think i realized everything i was missing for cold weather today. Lol

Not bicycling, but back when i was rowing we used to get these long sleeved shirts from a place called regatta sport. I have a handful of them still that I wear. Nice thing is that they are cut longer in the back so they stay tucked in while you are leaning forward.

Ive got two different kinds, one is considerably thicker/warmer than the other, but just to give you a new place to look.

http://www.regattasport.com/products/view/2640/c:1