relay buzzing

AWW$HEEET

ok so i just changed my heater core and ac evaporator core on my jeep xj. i hook everything up to test it before putting everything back together. the relay that belongs to the fan motor is now buzzing. i am unsure what to do with this.

again it isnt the fan making noise, i can hold the relay, and part of the wiring harness in my hand and feel it buzzing. anyone? if the fan is somehow bound up and unable to turn freely, would it cause this?

well, the fan is basically inside a box, behind the dash, along with the ac evap core, and heater core. i tore the box out again and the hampster wheel on fan motor does not spin freely. i fixed that issue. should have checked this before i reassembled it last night, but it was like 11:30, and i was done messing with it. i am about to hook everything back up and see if this was the culprit.

Thanks. I think that might have been the most ridiculous job I've done other than a complete motor swap.

Yeah I dred when people come in with HVAC issues, I'd rather pull an engine sometimes. Some of the newer GM cars you have to completly remove the entire dash, steering column, and remove the whole HVAC unit from the vehicle in order to repair anything on it. You should see a customer's face when you tell them it will cost them 10 hours labor to get their heat to work again. I've had Equinoxs and Cobalts out of warranty that had to pay over $1000 for heat.

You're better then most doing it yourself.

Yeah I dred when people come in with HVAC issues, I'd rather pull an engine sometimes. Some of the newer GM cars you have to completly remove the entire dash, steering column, and remove the whole HVAC unit from the vehicle in order to repair anything on it. You should see a customer's face when you tell them it will cost them 10 hours labor to get their heat to work again. I've had Equinoxs and Cobalts out of warranty that had to pay over $1000 for heat.

You're better then most doing it yourself.

That's what I had to do. Remove both front seats, console, dash, then pull the whole hvac system out. Whoever designs em like that deserves a special place in hell.