Lowering Kit for a GMT800 Silverado

POS VETT

I want to lower my '3 Silverado ECSB 2WD (with coil springs and a 5.3l V8) and it's also in time to have ball joints on the left side replaced; bushings are also in need of replacement (dry-rotted and cracked).

So far I've found that DJM Suspension has kits which include front upper and lower control arms (they look well built with greasable poly-u bushings) but with too much lowering; I just want a maximum of 3" front lowering; 2" is fine too.

So, I'm looking for options and costs. I've looked at Belltech, McGaughys, Ground Force, and obviously DJM. Did I miss any other brand ? Do you have a lowered GMT800 ?

Please no comment about the truck should be a 4wd and lifted or keeping the stock ride height or going with even more lowering.

If it were me, I'd do all stock stuff and some drop knuckles. All OE ride quality, no poly bushings to start squeaking, lots of options if you want to do something else later. The rear I'd do whatever to get the look you want, it's not like the stock leaf spring suspension is something special.

If it were me, I'd do all stock stuff and some drop knuckles. All OE ride quality, no poly bushings to start squeaking, lots of options if you want to do something else later. The rear I'd do whatever to get the look you want, it's not like the stock leaf spring suspension is something special.

While poly bushings have higher durometer, the tires are "soft and floppy". I'm not worried about elevated NVH as long as there is no binding and a decent amount of compression travel is available. Stiffer dampers such as Bilstein would make it ride "nice and stiff".

Total cost would also be quite a bit higher with dropped spindles since I have to replace ball joints anyway.

Lowered red pickup?

I'm Clay, and I approve this message. :megusta:

CLAY FOR PRESIDENT !!!

While poly bushings have higher durometer, the tires are "soft and floppy". I'm not worried about elevated NVH as long as there is no binding and a decent amount of compression travel is available. Stiffer dampers such as Bilstein would make it ride "nice and stiff".

Total cost would also be quite a bit higher with dropped spindles since I have to replace ball joints anyway.

Fine OE suspension angles.

Fine OE suspension angles.

Now we're talking. I suppose 2-3" lowering isn't too much for a pick-up truck like mine. CG is quite tall and lowering the front roll axis hopefully gets it closer to CG; at any rate, roll stiffness will be addressed, in the near future, by a larger front anti-sway bar (along with a matching rear) since it's well on its way to failure.

I also found that Moog has an "OE replacement" upper arm with eccentric bushings. Has anyone used these ? How difficult is it to rotate the bushings ? Does it need to be done off the vehicle ? When lowering combined with eccentric bushings and OE cam adjusters, I'm hoping to get caster closer to +8 deg and camber closer to -1.5 deg.