GoPro 3 drops - gopro 2 owners collectively groan.

ansonivan

GoPro Silver Edition is a Hero2.

It still is $299

No, your camera sucks now and is obsolete :yuno:

It has built in Wifi, but lacks the remote, so still an upgrade over the Hero2 at same price.

Actually, there is an Iphone app that I think will work with the wi-fi set-up that they just released.

Gopro is a great company just left a bad taste in my mouth over the whole wifi issue with the hero 2. Took them almost a year to release the damn app. Now i see they were just pushing the new model. Dunno if I want to upgrade or go with a different cam

here is the comparison of all the new HD3's

http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hero3-cameras

been in the gopro forum for a few years and all the accessories from the old ones are compatible except for the skeleton back door and a few other things but nothing major

I'll probably buy one, but I wish they would sell the camera as JUST the camera, without all the accessories/mounts included in each "edition". I have a ton of that, and would prefer not to re-buy it again just to get the camera.

I'll probably buy one, but I wish they would sell the camera as JUST the camera, without all the accessories/mounts included in each "edition". I have a ton of that, and would prefer not to re-buy it again just to get the camera.

They changed the whole shape...therefore you need to buy a new case and everything.

Smart people there.

I would sell me Hero2, but I want to retain my suction cup and mounts...So even if I did sell it for say, $200...I still need another $200 for a Hero3.

F.that. :dumb:

I don't need that much detail for autocross and track.

They changed the whole shape...therefore you need to buy a new case and everything.

Smart people there.

I would sell me Hero2, but I want to retain my suction cup and mounts...So even if I did sell it for say, $200...I still need another $200 for a Hero3.

F.that. :dumb:

I don't need that much detail for autocross and track.

negative the front will still work, the back wont but that comes with a new camera, everything else will still work as well

also they will be selling just the camera later on, notice how there is no black edition motorsports and naked yet. It will be coming later

negative the front will still work, the back wont but that comes with a new camera, everything else will still work as well

also they will be selling just the camera later on, notice how there is no black edition motorsports and naked yet. It will be coming later

Sorry that's what I meant.

Instead of selling JUST the camera...and buying a new one. You have to sell the cases with the Hero2 and cases...and still retain the suction mounts...etc

All that does is jack up the prices on Hero3...for now.

I bet the naked Hero3 w/a case will run $300+

Sorry that's what I meant.

Instead of selling JUST the camera...and buying a new one. You have to sell the cases with the Hero2 and cases...and still retain the suction mounts...etc

All that does is jack up the prices on Hero3...for now.

I bet the naked Hero3 w/a case will run $300+

I figured that is what you meant just figured I would clairfy for the n00bs lol, and I dont know if I really want the pro version. 4k at 15fps isnt that great

In looking at it Monkey is correct the only actual new camera is the Black version. I'll probably look hard at the White version which is the old HD Hero but with wifi and a mic jack which suits my needs perfectly. I don't need to record in car footage in 1440p.

In looking at it Monkey is correct the only actual new camera is the Black version. I'll probably look hard at the White version which is the old HD Hero but with wifi and a mic jack which suits my needs perfectly. I don't need to record in car footage in 1440p.

all the HD3's are thinner and faster processors then the previous model, just some have higher specs

all the HD3's are thinner and faster processors then the previous model, just some have higher specs

You are correct, but the video quality of the white = HD Hero and silver = HD Hero 2 which they state in the video samples section. I think the wifi is worth the upgrade alone.