Texas Invintationals Spring 2012

Fubar231

I would have liked to have seen Ohio SL (who I am assume is Jamie) and that AMS GTR continue - both looked to be very strong.

And I was impressed by the 911 - I did not expect it to do that well.

All the cars seemed likey moved out - a lot of them were putting buslengths on the trailing bike in a matter of seconds.

I would have liked to have seen Ohio SL (who I am assume is Jamie) and that AMS GTR continue - both looked to be very strong.

And I was impressed by the 911 - I did not expect it to do that well.

All the cars seemed likey moved out - a lot of them were putting buslengths on the trailing bike in a matter of seconds.

There was a video of Jamie and an Alpha GTR on here awhile back, not sure if it was the same car or not. Jamie did say that he sold the white car awhile back too.....sad day. Bigger and better I'd assume, since that is what he always seems to do :)

I think this is it

There was a video of Jamie and an Alpha GTR on here awhile back, not sure if it was the same car or not. Jamie did say that he sold the white car awhile back too.....sad day. Bigger and better I'd assume, since that is what he always seems to do :)

I think this is it

Wow, both Lambos seemed to handle the GTR easily.

Okay, so, I'm wondering, how do they determine the start of these races? Obviously, it seems as though you pass through a series of cones/flags that signal you "staging" or whatever and then you go as you pass the last start cone/flag. However, to me it sometimes seems like the cars aren't both starting from the same speed. Like, are you allowed to "cheat" and, say, floor your car so that, when you get to that last start cone/flag, you're going at a higher rate of speed than the other car?

Okay, so, I'm wondering, how do they determine the start of these races? Obviously, it seems as though you pass through a series of cones/flags that signal you "staging" or whatever and then you go as you pass the last start cone/flag. However, to me it sometimes seems like the cars aren't both starting from the same speed. Like, are you allowed to "cheat" and, say, floor your car so that, when you get to that last start cone/flag, you're going at a higher rate of speed than the other car?

It's appears that way. A few of the cars seem to hang back for the first two flags then hammer down to hit a full head of steam at the "start". I'm sure there is a set speed that they start at, but hitting full boost at that speed will definitely make a difference. I wouldn't see that as "cheating", but more as better prepared for the race....

There's a christmas tree at the end of the 'staging area'. The theory is you roll next to each other around 60 mph and when the starter sees the cars lined up together, he'll flip the light green. But perfect side by side starts are tricky as the 'staging area' is very short and the cars accelerate differently up to 60. It's much easier to roll race on the highway as you have much more room to pace....:)

It's appears that way. A few of the cars seem to hang back for the first two flags then hammer down to hit a full head of steam at the "start". I'm sure there is a set speed that they start at, but hitting full boost at that speed will definitely make a difference. I wouldn't see that as "cheating", but more as better prepared for the race....

Yeah, maybe "cheating" was a poor choice of words.

There's a christmas tree at the end of the 'staging area'. The theory is you roll next to each other around 60 mph and when the starter sees the cars lined up together, he'll flip the light green. But perfect side by side starts are tricky as the 'staging area' is very short and the cars accelerate differently up to 60. It's much easier to roll race on the highway as you have much more room to pace....:)

Oh, okay, well, I guess that makes more sense (i.e., someone flipping a green light), but I can see what you're saying about the limited amount of time; the 'staging area' does seem short.

Correct. It went to Russia. But I plan on being at TX2K13 with something faster and hope D. Wiggs shows....

Why would he show when he can beat you on paper from the comfort of his living room? :gabe:

Correct. It went to Russia. But I plan on being at TX2K13 with something faster and hope D. Wiggs shows....

Seems like half the cars they are building anymore end up in Russia. I finally picked up an SL and will probably go the UGR route here in the near future. Did you ever find that CTSV key :)

Good luck with the new build.

Matt

Matt, whoa, I'm out of the loop bigtime, I didn't know you got an SL. Congrats!

Thanks John. I've been searching for one for a while. Was hoping to put something together with Jamie on his white SL but the timing didn't work out. I picked this one up a little over a month ago.