Fun car under 30k ?

Jewtoys

Taurus

:lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

Viper does sound pretty fun. I see where you are coming from on the Vette. Yes, great cars, but really are a dime-a-dozen. ... and I know they are trying, but as fast as they are, nobody wants to 'sit in a Cavalier'

What about anything in the Porsche family?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18.5k in cash, but then have a rusted out shitbox that's not worth more than 4k resale, breaks down all the time, and also earned you 0 life points.

Rusted..sure, if you buy it from OH. Plenty of really clean ones in the south. I agree on the resale, never buy a DSM if you plan on selling it. As for breaking down all the time, sure, if your like 90% of the tards out there that own them and go from a 190hp car to a 300+hp car without doing any maintenance or proper supporting mods. One can choose to be in that 10% who does it right.

What are life points?

Dsm math... gotta love it

Is there any other kind of math? :lolguy:

I've had plenty of DSM and Colts and the like... I will pass on that garbage.

Ha ha.

Get a year old Taurus SHO, enjoy warranty, sell years down the road. AWD so you can drive comfortably all year long.

I live in NC. I have a Fiat as a daily. And drive 10 minutes to work. I don't need another dull car :lolguy:

I was just in your situation and decided on an LS1 FD RX-7. I also considered a 963 or 993 911 Turbo but just couldn't find one I trusted.

People want insane money for LSX swapped RX-7

I also don't trust them :gabe:

I have considered the older 930s though, I love them. But 4spd...

I would be stepping into the Esprit knowing they probably will require more "love" then anything I've ever owned..

I really hated the powerband of the Elise and it truly didn't seem to handle any better then the EVO I had. So I took a pass

Cliffs:

Esprit=totally undependable, even new, after owning one you might decide to give up on cars entirely. Thin line between love and hate, so they say.

If the Elise didn't handle better than your EVO, then I would say there was something terribly wrong with the Elise. It needs correct tires and a sport suspension. Also, although adding a turbo is a great idea to perk up the performance, just the factory chip and exhaust changed the car's character entirely and lowered the point of crossover for the valve timing. New, the upgrade was $3500, but it was money well spent and I'm sure many of the used ones will already have this "upgrade" which should have come standard.

Cliffs:

Esprit=totally undependable, even new, after owning one you might decide to give up on cars entirely. Thin line between love and hate, so they say.

If the Elise didn't handle better than your EVO, then I would say there was something terribly wrong with the Elise. It needs correct tires and a sport suspension. Also, although adding a turbo is a great idea to perk up the performance, just the factory chip and exhaust changed the car's character entirely and lowered the point of crossover for the valve timing. New, the upgrade was $3500, but it was money well spent and I'm sure many of the used ones will already have this "upgrade" which should have come standard.

I've heard that many times... But then some owners say otherwise.. Kinda reminds me of the DSM and EVOs.

It was a stock Elise.

What do YOU want from the car? Fast, turbo, reliable, new, older, handling, straight line, cornering?

You want fast get a V8. Corvette, mustang, Camero, viper

Handling get a Corvette, lotus, BRZ, miata, rx8,rx7

Unique, not a Corvette or mustang. Get a lotus, Porsche, viper, 300z

Do you want new, Corvette, 370z or older 300z, rx7

Cars are about what you want. I feel like I own 2 unique, amazing driver cars with a MR2 turbo and a BRZ. Not the fastest car and they get hate on here, but fun as Hell to drive and you might only see one once a month on the street.

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-16iKflJdOIE/UGoMZT2bVVI/AAAAAAAAAxw/NW9E7uA164k/s1600/2007+BMW+Z4M+-+back.jpg

Z4M Coupe. Can be found just under the $30k ticker.

It handles like it's on rails (the strongest BMW chassis to date)

Has the famous S54 Engine (333HP w/269 ft-lbs)

Unique - Only #1818 made and in the US

Just a thought. Though I'm bias

What do YOU want from the car? Fast, turbo, reliable, new, older, handling, straight line, cornering?

You want fast get a V8. Corvette, mustang, Camero, viper

Handling get a Corvette, lotus, BRZ, miata, rx8,rx7

Unique, not a Corvette or mustang. Get a lotus, Porsche, viper, 300z

Do you want new, Corvette, 370z or older 300z, rx7

Cars are about what you want. I feel like I own 2 unique, amazing driver cars with a MR2 turbo and a BRZ. Not the fastest car and they get hate on here, but fun as Hell to drive and you might only see one once a month on the street.

I've always wanted a Esprit... But I want something that will be fun to drive and to take to the mountains to have some fun. Not looking for anything that is really fast at he moment.

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-16iKflJdOIE/UGoMZT2bVVI/AAAAAAAAAxw/NW9E7uA164k/s1600/2007+BMW+Z4M+-+back.jpg

Z4M Coupe. Can be found just under the $30k ticker.

It handles like it's on rails (the strongest BMW chassis to date)

Has the famous S54 Engine (333HP w/269 ft-lbs)

Unique - Only #1818 made and in the US

Just a thought. Though I'm bias

I hate the newer m-coupes. There is a track prepped older body style for sale I have had my eye on... But it's literally a track only car and I doubt it will sell for what he wants... Considering the time of the year he will probably be sitting on it and I may make a offer on that to have a track car...

I hate the newer m-coupes. There is a track prepped older body style for sale I have had my eye on... But it's literally a track only car and I doubt it will sell for what he wants... Considering the time of the year he will probably be sitting on it and I may make a offer on that to have a track car...

Hater ;)

Still drive one...your opinion will change.

I do love the Z3M Coupes though

Ok I personally love the viper. If I was going to buy a 2 seater anything id go with a viper. My goal is to one day get a viper and do some of my own mods to it have a fun fast cat for under 40k total. The front end is just plain mean looking. And with a splitter nice wheels and a drop. Race car and its fun to say viper! Corvette not so much soulds like chevette.

Esprit = pure sex. Ever pull up behind one at night? You look at tailights like "wow, WTF is this".....

http://www.motorstown.com/images/lotus-esprit-06.jpg

Can't help but think those cars are going to at the very least hold there value.

Never was a fan of the Elise's.

Show me where I can get a 993 turbo for 30k and under and ill buy it tomorrow. 996 TT are high30k for ragged out and low to mid 40's for clean examples and the 993 demands a higher price

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that had a "Da fuk???" moment when I read that. My friend sold an Areana Red 993TT recently that was nice but had paint work and by no means was a top of the market car and he got nearly $70k for it. I don't even think you can touch a 993 turbo for under $50k unless it's in a salvage yard.

964 Turbo (965 technically if we're talking turbo in that body) are around 35-45k for a 3.4 car but if you want the 3.6 turbo (the Bad Boys car) they are $50-70 too.

Id get the slowest most exotic pos I can find. Nobody races on cr! Continue

There are lots of people that race here, they just don't have the need to come on the internet and post ZOMG I WENT TO RACE TRACK or ZOMG I SOOOO ROLL RACED THIS WEEKEND BROTACOS.

Continue...