US could become the largest Oil producer

Benner

I hear the complaining, this whole recession has missed my wife and I, my wife works in Medicine, I at a College, the recession doesn't effect health care, and many people went back to school so we saw a boom. We are way better off than we were 11 years ago when we got married. We saved a good amount of money, interest rates fell and landed in our laps. Now we have a place to live that I didn't think I would ever live in. Lucky I guess. I'm done with this "try to change" shit though, can't do anything about it, so since everyone is on the take, I'm now about how to play the game, and play the game well. I feel much more productive that way. One thing I do know, putting all this time into electing 1/3 of our government is pointless, both candidates are going to fuck up because the game they play isn't about America anymore, it's bloods vs crypt, and it's just as bad as the real thing. These parties have one goal, defeat the other at all costs. That's it. It's not about Americans anymore. The effort is better spent on the back end to make shit work for you. We know even with the popular vote, that person doesn't win. Corporations are citizens now, how can I afford to run an ad about someone I think is good or bad? But guess who can and clearly TV has the most influence on these things. The Air time for these debates should be free, they should not be able to advertise, and in the poles when you cast your vote, why does it say "Republican" "Democrat" make the fucking public do some research. Edited by Benjamin

Every one of those paragraphs is "I agree with you that we have a great life but things really suck right now because blah blah blah." You're not changing my perception of you. Your ability to put things in perspective sucks.

Like your post I was referencing my personal situation which is fine and doing great...but as a whole families in this country are not because blah, blah, blah.....

Not to stir the pot but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdqgp

so that we can actually tell our kids we're living the good-life

Not to stir the pot

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgdpgpdpspd

We live a great life

but...

Again, first part referencing the country as a whole, next part about our family.

Gasoline is openly traded on the commodities market. The supply Nd demand of contracts is what dictates the price

This... Most people don't realize that most oil produced in America doesn't stay in America. The gas you put in your car more than likely came out of the ground somewhere in the middle east.

Has anyone come up with an estimate as to when the crude oil supplies will dry up? I think that will be a fun day.

I am sure someone has with "reserve" oil but I don't know about total oil on the planet. There are a lot of places protected by the government or just too costly to drill left. I am sure once these places are the only option we will figure out a different type of fuel source. So...never???

Has anyone come up with an estimate as to when the crude oil supplies will dry up? I think that will be a fun day.

What are ya, some kinda tree hugger?

/sarcasm

This coal/oil-loving mentality, and what we call "energy progress" blows my mind. This past weekend I saw signs all over ohio saying "End the War on Coal - Fire Obama". It hurts the brain, it really does.

This... Most people don't realize that most oil produced in America doesn't stay in America. The gas you put in your car more than likely came out of the ground somewhere in the middle east.

Oil stays in America. Refined petroleum products are exported.